This is the gym
to accelerate your
path to fitness.
Your JCC gym membership gives you access to San Rafael’s best group fitness classes—including aerobics, kickboxing, step, and popular Zumba dance classes—for fun, calorie-burning workouts. Or take to the treadmills in the fitness center. Pump some iron. Reserve the gym for pick-up basketball. Ride a stationary bike poolside, or work with a certified personal trainer for focused indoor or outdoor workouts. Mix it up or stick to a routine. Whatever you prefer, we’ve got you covered.
Work out inside or outdoors—with a one-on-one personal trainer, or in a small group, or on your own. Take a group aerobics class on site or join us virtually.
Cardio and weights galore! For cardio, we have tons of bikes, treadmills, ellipticals, and more. For strength, we have so many options: free weights, selectorized equipment, and even special air-pressure strength equipment that’s fantastic for rehabbing injuries. You can even shoot some hoops in our gym’s basketball courts.
Located outside and next to the pool, we provide beautiful fitness stations for both strength and cardio training. You’ll enjoy working out in your own space under a shade canopy and with plenty of fresh air and a glorious view.
We offer many options for group fitness: in-person, virtual, and pre-recorded.
We have three beautiful fitness studios in the Center plus numerous water fitness classes in both the indoor and outdoor pools.
For those who would rather work out at home, we are keeping ten of our most popular online, virtual classes.
Individual or Small-Group Training
Working with a trainer is one of the fastest and most successful ways to improve your overall fitness. Individualized or group focus helps you with a custom-designed program to make the lifestyle and physical changes that may be hard to achieve on your own.
To see our personal trainers, click here.
Gather your crew for indoor pick-up basketball in the JCC gymnasium.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:00 to 6:50 pm: 16+
- Saturdays, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm: 16+
- Play any time. If the Gymnasium is available please ask the H&F Desk to assist you with set up.
Players must register with the Health and Fitness desk before playing. Players’ ages will be verified by a photo ID and must have proof of vaccination.
Policies are posted inside the gym doors and need to be followed.
Questions? Contact us at 415.444.8004.
Have fun and a great workout, too! Join us in the JCC gymnasium for Pickleball.
Whenever the gym is open (see gym schedule).
• Mondays & Wednesdays: 7am, 8am, 6:30pm
• Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7am, 8am, 7pm
• Fridays: 7am, 8am, 6pm
• Saturdays: 7am, 8am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 5pm, 6pm
• Sundays: 7am, 8am, 9am, 3pm, 5pm, 6pm
NEW! Springtime outdoor courts are available.
• Monday – Thursday: 6pm & 7pm
• Friday: 6pm
• Saturday: 7am – 6pm
• Sunday: 12pm – 6pm
Rules of Conduct
1. While reservations are encouraged, they are not required. However, court priority goes to those with reservations.
2. Two courts are reserved for members and one court is for public players.
3. Reservations must be made prior to 7am on the day of play. After 7am, the day’s reservations will be posted at the Gym.
4. Drop-in players should form a line as they wait for a court to open up.
5. When there is a line for play on an unreserved court, each game should play to 11 points. The winners remain on the court and the losing players exit (and may return to the line). The next two players from the line then join the game to challenge the winners.
6. If the courts are full, please add your name to the board to rotate in for play. Please update the board during game play.
The Health & Fitness Desk is available for assistance as needed.
Free for members
$15 non-members if with a member
of the month
10 - 11:00 am
Chase Rudy teaches the Intro to Pickleball – Class 101. This class is for beginning players and covers the basic rules and skills to play the game of Pickleball (serving, court positioning, scoring basic groundstrokes, volley, and dinking). Minimum of four people are required for the class.
Please contact Health & Fitness Director, Elissa Coleman at email@example.com.
Questions? Contact us at 415.444.8096.