• Bachelor’s (Preferred)
• Physical Therapy License (Preferred)
• CPR Certification (Preferred)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts intake evaluations for clients referred to the Marin JCC for aquatic therapy by physicians, hospitals and/or nursing homes.
• Develops appropriate individual aquatic exercise program, demonstrates and practices exercises in the pool with the client.
• Assigns aquatic professional staff to clients based on client needs and staff experience.
• Performs administrative duties, such as scheduling of client appointments, (including reevaluations for Hydrotherapy Program participants) maintaining client documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
• Supervise the operation of Hydrotherapy and Aquatic Arthritis Programs, including outreach to the medical community, maintaining program records, statistics, and budget preparation.
• Participate in staff orientation/training.
• Provide in-service training to Aquatic Therapy professional staff to maintain the latest best practices.
• Maintain department staffing levels to ensure that Aquatic Programs are fully staffed with qualified employees.
• Graduate from an accredited physical therapy program.
• Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the State of California or ability to obtain a state license.
• CPR Certification required 30 days from hire date.
• Ability to swim and perform therapy-based activities in a pool.
• Aquatic PT experience and supervision of professional staff preferred.
This is a part-time position (10-20 hours a week) that has the potential to become a full-time position as the aquatic therapy programs expand.
Range of pay:
$48-$60 per hour.
For consideration, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.