• Guarding and providing a safe environment for members with a 15 – 20 minute pool rotation schedule.
• Learning and enforcing the pool rules as well as those guidelines set out by the American Red Cross as they pertain to lifeguard skills and training.
• Being fully alert and aware of emergency situations and procedures.
• Performing pool opening procedures, closing procedures and participating in the daily maintenance of the pools.
• Installing and removing lane lines according to need and schedule.
• Interacting with the members in an appropriate and professional manner.
• Attending mandatory monthly aquatic in-service trainings.
• Properly filling out incident and accident reports when necessary.
• Working as a team with other staff members.
• Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding/ First Aid/ CPR/ AED certification or equivalent.
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 4 hours at a time, swim at least 300 yards continuously, and lift at least 50 lbs.
• The lifeguard should be reliable and responsible, with a strong sense of commitment to their job and to the Center’s larger purpose.
We are training lifeguards and will reimburse course fees after having worked 6 months continuously at the JCC.
Positions with flexible work schedules available:
• Part-time (5 – 19 hours/week) – multiple positions: Compensation: $15 – 19 per hour, depending on relevant experience.
• Union. Benefit-eligible (30 – 40 hours/week) – 1 position: Compensation: $18.71 – 20.25 per hour.
For consideration, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.