Assist the Director of Facilities with the maintenance and repair of the multiple Marin County JCC facilities with the following (but not limited to) tasks:
• Maintain and repair facility while observing and practicing all safety regulations as outlined by CAL OSHA and OMJCC safety program.
• Maintain and repair HVAC, pool, and electrical systems, as well as the building structure of the OMJCC.
• Possesses advanced trade skills and safely executes tasks in the areas of mechanical, plumbing, electrical, hydronics or others as assigned. Includes troubleshooting issues that arise.
• Performs preventative maintenance programs on HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
• Installs, connects, and test sanitary plumbing fixtures, hydraulics, refrigeration, various gas, steam, and other pressure systems.
• Familiar with Energy Management Systems and work request programs.
• Ensures safety of operations of boilers, chillers, pumps, fire/life/safety equipment, and exhaust/air handlers.
• Performs water treatment and testing for boilers and chillers.
• Maintains accurate logs of aquatic chemical levels, equipment status, inventory parts, and materials necessary for repairs.
• Responsible for preventative and regular maintenance of all equipment.
• Assist in event set-up/take-down, moving tables and chairs, clean-up during and after events or inclement weather. Must be able to lift and move 75 pounds of weight.
• Carry a two-way radio at all times and maintain constant contact using prescribed radio communication techniques.
• Work closely and smoothly with other members of the maintenance staff, as well as being self-motivated and capable of working well with or without direct supervision.
• Interact with JCC staff and members, providing problem-solving.
• Other duties, as assigned by superiors.
• Knowledge and proficiency in proper and safe use of hand/power tools used in repairs and light construction.
• Mechanical skills, previous experience in mechanical maintenance work is required.
• Journeyman or equivalent in at least one trade for a minimum of three years or good working knowledge of more than one technical field required.
• Certified Pool Operators (CPO) certification a plus.
• High school diploma or GED strongly preferred.
• Ability to drive between facilities is strongly preferred.
• Possess strong troubleshooting skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary & Benefits:
• Union Maintenance Lead classification
• Allowance toward health & dental insurance; life insurance; retirement, 125 plans, paid vacation days starting at 10 days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 10 National & Jewish holidays per year; JCC full facility family membership; discounts on JCC programs & events.
Pay: $20.43 to $22.10 per hour depending on experience.
For consideration, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.