I have more than 25 years of experience in working with clients with various injuries due to accidents, overuse, surgery, auto-immune diseases, and/or just the aging process. In the past five years, I have been interested in neuroscience and the way in which our brains have the unique ability to heal our bodies. By integrating various visual, inner ear, and proprioceptive exercises I have been able to help my clients improve and then maintain normal body movement, coordination, function, and balance as they age.
Why Aquatic Therapy?
I train both in the water and on land. Water is a wonderful medium especially for those dealing with excess body weight, pregnancy, and injuries. I also teach hydrotherapy and aquatic fitness classes. I was a competitive swimmer in college, have studied dance, martial arts, Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais, and Pilates. I am an avid cyclist and backpacker as well. I look forward to working with you in obtaining your personal fitness and health goals!
Education and Certifications
• Masters in Arts, Exercise Physiology
• Certified Orthopedic Massage, 1999
• Certified Pilates Reformer Instructor
• Certified 2-Health Educator, 2008, 2011
• Certified Personal Trainer (ACE)
• Certified Movement Coach,
Level 2 – Z Health
• First Aid
• Certified Delay the Disease Instructor, Parkinson’s Exercise Program