Come Join Our Team!
The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (Osher Marin JCC) is a multi-faceted not-for-profit 501(c)(3) community organization serving over 2,000 people per day with programs including health and fitness and aquatics, early childhood education, arts and culture, youth and teen programs, and senior services. Over the course of seventy years, the JCC has served the Marin Jewish and general community with a myriad of programs that seek to sustain Jewish culture, build community, and enrich lives.
The JCC is a very family-friendly organization and has an exciting array of employment opportunities in our diverse center. We're looking for the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. If you want to make a difference in our community and stay healthy and fit at the same time, there is no better place to work! The Osher Marin JCC embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to download General Employment Application
Click here to download ECE Employment Application
- Highly visible on fitness floor, engaging with members and responsible for educating and enforcing fitness floor etiquette among members.
- In collaboration with Member Retention Manager, ensures timely delivery of new member orientations and follow-up calls to secure and increase member use of fitness center. Call or email new members at least 3 times before writing them off.
- Evaluate Fitness Floor staff performance and monitor attendance. Review timesheets for both Fitness Floor staff and Personal Trainers and client records for accuracy and submit timesheets to Payroll.
- Be the lead in making sure all fitness equipment is working and in good condition. Work closely with Gym Doctors and front line staff to ensure broken equipment is being communicated to members, staff and Gym Doctors.
- Cleaning and putting away equipment on the fitness floor throughout shift.Assist Fitness Floor staff with overflow customer needs and step in to handle difficult situations as necessary.
- Assist in planning and execution of monthly/bimonthly personal training staff meetings.
- Coordinate weekly staff schedules. Manage breaks & substitute coverage for fitness floor staff.
- Assist Personal Training team to meet monthly revenue goals by upselling orientations to 3-packs and matching clients with trainers.
- Do a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 personal training clients and or specialty classes a week.
- Attend regularly scheduled H&F management team meetings and serve as a Manager on Duty.
- As PM Manager on Duty, assist all JCC staff with member issues or concerns.
- Troubleshoot basic computer issues for floor staff.
- Full knowledge of Health & Fitness Department, including program guides, flyers, other applicable literature and the physical and telecommunications layout of the department.
- Familiarity with other center-wide programs and services also required.
- Fitness equipment maintenance
- Perform role of sales leader as a model for all staff in up-selling and cross-promotion within the department and within JCC.
- Provide customer service and sales support, as well as, motivation, modeling, and training to all Koret Center staff on a continuous basis.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONSManagement experience in fitness industry preferred.
Excellent, proven customer service skills, communication and team building abilities required in order to successfully manage a diverse population of staff and members.
Experience in selling personal training and leading a team preferred.
Basic computer skills with the ability to use Outlook, Excel, Word and proprietary software are required.
Current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
Current NASM, ACE, NSCA, IFPA, ACSM or equivalent Personal Training Certification(s) (or within the first 120 days after hired date)
Ability to lift and carry 45 lbs.
Ability to commit to schedule including Sunday-Thursday evenings.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Health & dental insurance; life & disability insurance; retirement, TSA and 125 plans, 22 paid vacation days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 15 National & Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency leave days; JCC Family membership; discounts on JCC programs & events.
Salary commensurate with experience $22-$24 an hour.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
Hourly Event Staff MemberThe Hourly Event Staff Member is a part-time position reporting to the Operations Manager of the Osher Marin JCC. This position plays a key role in the setup/breakdown of both venue rental, performing arts, and internal events. This individual is also responsible for helping to ensure our center is kept clean for the duration of events. This position offers flexible shifts and is perfect for those with fulltime careers, in transition, college students, or individuals looking for supplemental income. Read More
Overview: Complete both setups and breakdowns in a timely manner, and ensure the facility’s cleanliness is maintained during venue rental, performing arts, and other internal OMJCC events.
- Ensure event setups and breakdowns are done accurately (per schematics) and in a timely manner.
- Accurately ring up sales, make change, and balance the drawer for concession sales at internal events.
- During events, see that trash cans are emptied and bathrooms are refreshed.
- Perform light-tech as needed and troubleshoot tech equipment for internal/venue rental programming (i.e. running PowerPoint presentations, hooking up blue-ray players, and more).
- Perform excellent customer service to clients at all time.
- Ability to work primarily weekend and night shifts.
- Ability to respond to shift requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to occasionally work shifts with little notice.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as the ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated and creative problem solver.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Class C Driver’s license with no more than 1 point on record.
- Demonstrated dedication to the Marin JCC’s future success.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary; starting at $14 per hour.
- Complimentary day-passes to our facility for every shift worked.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.
Early Childhood Education (ECE)
The Osher Marin JCC Early Childhood Education Center is an award-winning, nationally-accredited early childhood education center providing children with a safe, nurturing environment to grow and learn as unique individuals. More than just a preschool, we are a supportive community of families and staff working together to provide care and education for children. Our program is deeply influenced by the wisdom of Jewish tradition, constructivism, and emergent curriculum and we invite all to join us. Read More
We have two school sites: JCC Preschool San Rafael, open 7:30am-6pm and JCC Preschool Tiburon, open 7:30am-3pm.
The applicant must be nurturing and responsible and will be expected to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to explore, grow, and develop their own natural curiosity and love of learning. At least 6 units of ECE are preferred but not required. The person hired must be able to communicate professionally and with warmth to children and adults.
Position includes partial health club membership during the period of employment.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume email@example.com.
Plaza J Cafe
Cafe Counter PersonThe JCC is seeking friendly, outgoing, Counter Staff for our new Center Cafe!Counter Person is a part-time (up to 20 hours/week) position at the Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (JCC). The Counter Person is responsible for waiting on customers, making coffee drinks, completing cash register transactions. This person reports to the Café Manager and is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Café and restocking items, as necessary. Read More
- Greet and serve all JCC members and guests in a cheerful and courteous manner.
- Assemble food orders with any additional needed preparation not done in the kitchen.
- Ring up sales; make change; and balance the drawer.
- Clear and clean tables as needed; restock food and supplies.
- Perform duties related to opening or closing of Café.
- Maintain general cleanliness of Café and food service areas and attractive display of foods and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Café Manager.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as the ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs of weight.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Food Handler Card through the State of California.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prep simple foods.
- Shifts up to 18 hours per week are available.
- Salary: Starting at $13 per hour.
- Full JCC Adult membership for employee.
This is a part-time position- up to 20 hours a week. We have found that this position works best for an individual who is seeking only a permanent part-time position.
We run a small café in the Osher Marin JCC. We serve Peet’s coffee and we can get quite busy at times! Do you have barista experience? It’s ok if you do not. We can teach you!
The shifts are mostly 4-8 hour shifts and be anywhere from 6:30 am to closing at 5:00pm Monday thru Fridays. We are open on the weekends and those shifts are anywhere from 8:30am to 4:00 pm.
Although we can (and do!) work around your schedule, we do require availability on the weekends. If this position interests you, please stop by the café located at 200 North San Pedro Rd in San Rafael and fill out an application. Or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cafe Counter LeadReporting to the Café Manager, the café Counter Lead is a full time, 37.5 hours a week, non-exempt, hourly position that is responsible for all aspects of the front of Café including the day-to-day oversite of the Café Counter and dining room portion of Plaza J Café operations. Leads and directs counter staff and ensures adherence to JCC health and safety standards. Read More
- Creates a warm, homey environment of exceptional customer service.
- Greets all JCC members and guests in a cheerful and courteous manner.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product, and personnel and communicates on a timely basis issues and their resolution to the Café Management.
- Oversees day to day stocking and rotation of the drinks, chips, snacks, ice cream, yogurt mixes, Cold brew, plastic serving ware, coffee, teas and other café items.
- Prepares, maintains and rotates perishables including the bakery case.
- Maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of the deli cases, back counter, drawers, glass fronts, bagel and water stations.
- Maintains cash drawer and deposits, maintains promotional discounts and reconciles cash drawers and makes deposits.
- Assists Café Manager and Café Assistant Manager in overseeing Café staff:
o Directs the activities of the Counter Staff to insure performance of assigned duties.
o Trains and develops the capabilities of staff.
o Creates a work environment that fosters teamwork, personal growth, and self-confidence.
- Ensures all equipment is in proper and safe working condition. If not, immediately notifies Café Manager.
- Ensures all health & safety procedures are followed, including mandatory food handling certificates and working conditions are safe for staff.
- Acts as project leads, including working day of, for concession stand at our annual Summer Night Concerts.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings, as required.
Up to three years’ experience in restaurant, catering or other food service business and/or similar business background, including customer service standards is strongly preferred.
Direct experience with customer service and employee supervision preferred.
Experience with Square or other payment processing systems preferred.
Physical requirements: standing for long periods of time and lifting up to 35 pounds.
Able to work flexible schedule with availability that meets the café business needs including weekends, weekday, opening and closing shifts and the commitment to be available to work two times a year for our festivals.
Friendly, welcoming and outgoing. Exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and verbal communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Internet, etc., as well as a high comfort level with PC’s.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Ø $16.00 an hour to start, for a 37.5 work week.
Ø JCC Gym membership, Health & dental insurance; life insurance; retirement; Section 125 plan with Flex Spending Accounts for H/C, Dependent Care and Transportation; 22 paid vacation days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 11 National & Jewish holidays and 3 floating holidays per year; JCC Family membership; discounts on JCC programs, services & events.
- If this position interests you, please stop by the café located at 200 North San Pedro Rd in San Rafael and fill out an application. Or submit your resume to email@example.com.
After School Care Staff + Van DriverWe have openings for part time staff member + van driver (12 - 18 hours per week) in our Afterschool Care – Clubhouse J. You should have experience working and driving a van or school bus with groups of children in grades TK – 5th, be comfortable assisting with elementary school homework, and a positive attitude. This position is responsible for the safe transportation of clubhouse participants from their school(s) to the Osher Marin JCC. Additionally, this position is responsible for, along with the co-staff members, managing all aspects of the Clubhouse J day-to-day program including but not limited to: check in, snack, homework support, programming and activities. This position is for the academic year, 12 – 18 hours per week. Read More
- Transport children from their school(s) safely to the JCC while following a planned route on a time schedule
- Obey all traffic laws as well as maintain a clean and mechanically-sound vehicle at all times – perform inspections of the vehicle before and after each route
- Responsible for the physical and emotional safety of all children
- Able to collaborate to program and plan activities that are grade and age appropriate as well as help with homework
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment, treating every person with respect
- Resolve conflicts between participants as necessary
- Be responsible for the group’s use of facilities, including respect for property, return of equipment and clean up.
- 1+ years’ experience driving a large vehicle, school van or school bus preferred
- Current license and good driving record (no traffic citations or at fault accidents in last 3 years)
- Minimum of 2 years working at camp or in comparable child-focused position preferred
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability for hands on care of children including sitting on the floor, lifting up to 30 lbs, able to observe multiple children at the same time, have stamina and energy to keep pace with a large group of children throughout the entire Clubhouse time.
- Good judgment and ability to problem solve and have strong communication skills
Job Type: Part-time 12 - 18 hours per week, typically between the hours of 1:00 - 6:00 pm
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.