The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (Osher Marin JCC) is a multi-faceted not-for-profit 501(c)(3) community organization serving over 2,000 people per day with programs including health and fitness and aquatics, early childhood education, arts and culture, youth and teen programs, and senior services. Over the course of seventy years, the JCC has served the Marin Jewish and general community with a myriad of programs that seek to sustain Jewish culture, build community, and enrich lives.
The JCC is a very family-friendly organization and has an exciting array of employment opportunities in our diverse center. We're looking for the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. If you want to make a difference in our community and stay healthy and fit at the same time, there is no better place to work! The Osher Marin JCC embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to download General Employment Application
Lifeguard Health & Fitness We are looking for personal trainers that have a passion for fitness and helping people reach their goals. We will assist you in building your client load so that you can focus on creating exciting and fun fitness programs for your clients. Read More
· Guarding and providing a safe environment for members with a 15 - 20 minute pool rotation schedule.
· Learning and enforcing the pool rules as well as those guidelines set out by the American Red Cross as they pertain to lifeguard skills and training.
· Being fully alert and aware of emergency situations and procedures.
· Performing pool opening procedures, closing procedures and participating in the daily maintenance of the pools.
· Installing and removing lane lines according to need and schedule.
· Interacting with the members in an appropriate and professional manner.
Head Lifeguard Health & Fitness The Head Lifeguard & LOD is responsible for supervising, scheduling, training and participating in the evaluation of lifeguards while also managing the day-to-day safety operations of the Marin JCC Aquatics Department. This position will work alongside the Aquatics Manager to ensure a smooth operation of programming and facility. This position will report to the Aquatics Manager and shares with them the responsibility of ensuring an exceptionally safe aquatic environment, high quality safety practices and procedures, and a strong customer service culture, including being the lead with swim lessons on Sunday and Mondays. The Head Lifeguard & LOD schedule will be Sunday-Thursday and will have regular Lead on Duty shifts (See Manager on Duty / Lead on Duty job description for more details) Read More
· Prior experience in Aquatics Program Management preferred.
· Significant experience directly supervising staff and strong supervisory skills.
· Experience in a strong and effective customer service culture.
· American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification required & American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Trainer Certification preferred.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Attention to detail and independently motivated.
· Outgoing, professional and charismatic presence.
· Proven ability to maintain staff accountability and high standards.
· Outstanding computer skills, including advanced skills in MS Office and the ability to learn new business software programs.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage time effectively.
Status Benefited, Union position.
Hours: Full Time 30 hours week, with the opportunity to pick up additional life guard and/or swim instructor shifts
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday, Might include some opening, nights and holidays.
On call during all operating hours for aquatic emergencies and/or coverage.
Camp Counselor Camp Kehillah The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center is looking for talented staff to work at our awarding winning Summer Camp from June – August 2021! Staff should have experience working with children, a positive attitude, and be interested in working in a fast-paced, team environment. Camp staff is responsible for planning in partnership with Camp Admin and participating in camp activities such as art, music, sports, Jewish programming, nature and much more! While we are a Jewish camp, identifying as Jewish is not a prerequisite for employment. Read More
Staff will gain transferrable skills – we provide training in child development, community building and certification in CPR and First Aid.
Please Note: All Marin JCC Camp staff must be at least 16 years of age, able to obtain a work permit, and be willing and able to participate in all aspects of camp.
Experience: Prior experience with children is preferred. Prior experience at a camp a plus.
General and Specific Responsibilities:
• Be responsible for the health and safety of each and every camper. • Act as a role model for your campers and fellow staff members. • Be accountable for the appropriate behavior of your campers. • Participate in group activities, including time with Specialists and swimming. • Be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment, treating every person with respect. • Plan and implement daily group programs, including requesting supplies in advance. • Get to know the names and needs of each individual camper in your group. • Organize unit room & maintain cleanliness of unit and shared spaces. • Work in partnership with Camp Admin to communicate with parents. • Manage paperwork for the unit including rosters, attendance and newsletters. • Be responsible for the group’s use of the facilities, including respecting property, return of equipment and clean up.
• Be able to comfortably navigate short distances of rough terrain on short hikes or at campgrounds. • Be able to assist in an emergency (fire, earthquake, injury, etc.) • Be able to observe activities in order to assess safety of every camper. • Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers
Director Taube Center for Jewish Peoplehood The Taube Center for Jewish Peoplehood (TCJP) Director is a key position at the Osher Marin JCC in advancing the central focus of the JCC to enrich Jewish Life, build Jewish community and identity, build cross-cultural understanding, and facilitate connections with Israel. Read More
The position is responsible for handling the day-to-day vision, oversight, implementation, promotion, and execution of the program menu for TCJP - dynamic, cutting edge, creative, inclusive and collaborative Jewish learning opportunities and Jewish cultural events appealing to all ages. The Director will work in close collaboration with the JCC executive and management team, TCJP staff, lay leadership and community partners to implement strategies and programs that strengthen Jewish engagement for Marin and its neighboring communities.
This full-time managerial position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works in partnership with other lead departments and campus and community partners.
Demonstrated ability to work respectfully with the broadest definition of Jewish community.
Knowledgeable about contemporary trends in Jewish thought and education.
5 year’s relevant work experience, preferably in a supervisory/leadership capacity.
Dynamic and charismatic leadership skills.
Creative and strategic thinker who values collaborative process.
Demonstrated ability in outreach, marketing and building program participation.
Ability to manage network of resources in the local, national, and international Jewish community.
Salary commensurate with experience and competitive within the non-profit setting plus a comprehensive benefit package.
Teachers Early Childhood Education (ECE) The JCC Preschools in San Rafael and Tiburon are looking for teacher-qualified individuals with a strong work ethic and love for children. Our values-based early learning framework views children, families and staff as a community of active learners, guided by our values and relationships with one another. Constructivism and emergent curriculum are among the core principles of our approach to early childhood education. Read More
We have a job opening at each site. The San Rafael campus is looking for a teacher to work Monday through Friday for 35 hours a week. The Tiburon campus is looking for a teacher to work Monday through Friday for 30 hours per week. Both schools are in strict adherence to Public Health guidelines for COVID-19 and the JCC provides thorough training for its employees.
All staff members must be able to communicate warmly and professionally with children and adults. Teachers are required to have at least 24 units of ECE/CD and experience working in a preschool setting.
Compensation package includes a comprehensive and generous benefits package and paid support for professional development in Early Childhood Education. Starting pay is $24.00 per hour for a teacher with 24 units.
For more information about the JCC and our programs, please visit our website at http://www.marinjcc.org and click on the preschool link. To apply, please click on ‘Apply Now’ and provide both a resume and a cover letter.
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Compensation depends upon ECE units & experience.
30 hours per week.
This is a non-profit organization.
Principles only, recruiters, please do not contact this job poster
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Preschool Substitutes Early Childhood Education (ECE)
The Osher Marin JCC Early Childhood Education Center is an award-winning, nationally-accredited early childhood education center providing children with a safe, nurturing environment to grow and learn as unique individuals. More than just a preschool, we are a supportive community of families and staff working together to provide care and education for children. Our program is deeply influenced by the wisdom of Jewish tradition, constructivism, and emergent curriculum and we invite all to join us. Read More
The applicant must be nurturing and responsible and will be expected to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to explore, grow, and develop their own natural curiosity and love of learning. At least 6 units of ECE are preferred but not required. The person hired must be able to communicate professionally and with warmth to children and adults.
Position includes partial health club membership during the period of employment.