Come Join Our Team!
The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (Osher Marin JCC) is a multi-faceted not-for-profit 501(c)(3) community organization serving over 2,000 people per day with programs including health and fitness and aquatics, early childhood education, arts and culture, youth and teen programs, and senior services. Over the course of seventy years, the JCC has served the Marin Jewish and general community with a myriad of programs that seek to sustain Jewish culture, build community, and enrich lives.
The JCC is a very family-friendly organization and has an exciting array of employment opportunities in our diverse center. We're looking for the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. If you want to make a difference in our community and stay healthy and fit at the same time, there is no better place to work! The Osher Marin JCC embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to download General Employment Application
Click here to download ECE Employment Application
Health & Fitness
Swim InstructorsThe Swim Instructor is responsible for providing consistent quality swim instruction in private and group swim lessons. We offer FLEXIBLE HOURS, FREE GYM MEMBERSHIP, discounts on JCC programs/events and a friendly, warm environment Read More
- Provide quality swim instruction to children, teenagers, and adults in private and/or group swim lessons.
- Establish clear objectives and goals based on class description, modify instruction based on participant ability and maintain a supportive and positive classroom environment.
- Adhere to swim and pool safety standards. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current Water Safety Instruction and Center rules and standards.
- Establish consistency of availability in the swim schedule. Provide Swim Instruction Manager with available teaching times and days subject to the needs of the Swim Instruction Department. Is punctual and prepared for all swim lessons. Is flexible regarding last-minute substitution in either private or group swim lessons.
- Effectively communicates with students, parents, Swim Instruction Manager and the Aquatic Programs Manager.
- Attend mandatory staff swim instructor meetings.
- May be asked to substitute for other swim instructors due to illness or schedule changes.
- Attend continuing education classes to keep certifications current. Attend classes or use facilities to increase swim instruction abilities and personal health.
- Support message and mission of Osher Marin JCC (OMJCC)
- Is courteous to OMJCC members, staff, and the public.
- Follow pool rules and directions from Lifeguard.
- Shifts up to 18 hours per week are available.
Compensation $13 - $25, depending on experience level.To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.
LifeguardsWe have several part-time life guard opportunities available - morning, evening and weekend shifts available! These YEAR-ROUND positions can range from 2-18 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. Benefits include JCC full facility membership and discounts on JCC programs/events and a friendly, warm environment! Read More
- Guarding and providing a safe environment for members with a 15 - 20 minute pool rotation schedule.
- Learning and enforcing the pool rules as well as those guidelines set out by the American Red Cross as they pertain to lifeguard skills and training.
- Being fully alert and aware of emergency situations and procedures.
- Performing pool opening procedures, closing procedures and participating in the daily maintenance of the pools.
- Installing and removing lane lines according to need and schedule.
- Interacting with the members in an appropriate and professional manner
- Attending mandatory monthly aquatic in-service trainings.
- Properly filling out incident and accident reports when necessary.
- Working as a team with other staff members.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding/ First Aid/ CPR/ AED certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 4 hours at a time, swim at least 300 yards continuously, and lift at least 50 lbs.
- The lifeguard should be reliable and responsible, with a strong sense of commitment to their job and to the Center’s larger purpose.
Compensation: $13 - 17 per hour, depending on relevant experience. To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Massage TherapistWe are looking for a long term relationship with experienced massage therapists who have: Read More
- Excellent technical skills.
- Communicates well with clients.
- Punctual, seeks continuing education opportunities and emphasizes customer service.
- California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) certified.
- 500 or more hours of massage training or 5 years experience and professional liability insurance.
- Self-starter who can promote your art and support the massage department.
Compensation: $40/hr + FREE JCC Membership.To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
Hourly Event Staff MemberPosition Description The Hourly Event Staff Member is a part-time position reporting to the Operations Manager of the Osher Marin JCC. This position plays a key role in the setup/breakdown of both venue rental, performing arts, and internal events. This individual is also responsible for helping to ensure our center is kept clean for the duration of events. This position offers flexible shifts and is perfect for those with fulltime careers, in transition, college students, or individuals looking for supplemental income. Read More
Overview: Complete both setups and breakdowns in a timely manner, and ensure the facility’s cleanliness is maintained during venue rental, performing arts, and other internal OMJCC events.
- Ensure event setups and breakdowns are done accurately (per schematics) and in a timely manner.
- Accurately ring up sales, make change, and balance the drawer for concession sales at internal events.
- During events, see that trash cans are emptied and bathrooms are refreshed.
- Perform light-tech as needed and troubleshoot tech equipment for internal/venue rental programming (i.e. running PowerPoint presentations, hooking up blue-ray players, and more).
- Perform excellent customer service to clients at all time.
- Ability to work primarily weekend and night shifts.
- Ability to respond to shift requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to occasionally work shifts with little notice.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as the ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated and creative problem solver.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Class C Driver’s license with no more than 1 point on record.
- Demonstrated dedication to the Marin JCC’s future success.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary; starting at $14 per hour.
- Complimentary day-passes to our facility for every shift worked.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line.
Early Childhood Education (ECE)
JCC Preschool Teacher
The JCC Preschools in Tiburon and San Rafael are looking for a teacher-qualified individual with a strong work ethic and love for children. Our program views children, families and staff as a community of active learners, guided by our values and relationships with one another. Constructivism and emergent curriculum are among the core principles of our approach to early childhood education. Read More
We have a job opening for the 2019-20 academic school year (August-June) for a Teacher. This is a 30 hour per week position, Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM. We are looking for an early childhood educator who is nurturing, responsible, organized and able to work within our school’s values-based early learning framework.
All staff members must be able to communicate warmly and professionally with children and adults. Teachers are required to have at least 24 units of ECE/CD and experience working in a preschool setting.
Compensation package includes health club membership, comprehensive and generous benefits package and paid support for professional development in Early Childhood Education. Starting pay is $20.77 per hour with a cost of living raise on September 1st. Please email a resume and a cover letter to Tamar Lai, Early Childhood Education Department Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The JCC Preschool Teacher reports to the ECE Director or Preschool Site Director. The person in this position works directly with the children and their families enrolled in the Early Childhood programs.
Responsibilities to be shared with co-teachers in a team-work model will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Interactions with children must reflect respect, compassion and a willingness to gently guide the child.
- Plan, implement, reflect upon and document developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children in accordance with the policies and the philosophy of the school.
- Gear the program to the needs of the individual child with concerns for his/her interests, individual style and stage of development; and to the class as a group. Help each child to become aware of his/her role as a member of the group, while reinforcing positive self-esteem, as well as consciously promoting a diverse and anti-bias atmosphere.
- Intentional, ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and appropriate learning environment of the classroom and play yard.
- Keep records on each child, to include weekly and monthly attendance sheets, accident log, developmental growth, conference records and notes home.
- Document each child’s learning experiences and developmental growth and use the documentation to guide in planning the curriculum.
- Maintain and implement procedures to ensure the health and safety of the children insuring they are under supervision at all times.
- Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and be accountable for all information disbursed at such meetings and in written format.
- Participate in recommended professional development programs and in-service workshops and other opportunities for professional growth.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional, and effective communication and supportive ties with children, staff, parents, and third party consultants to meet the individual needs of children and their families which establish a partnership between school and home for the child.
- Communicate with parents and caretakers formally through scheduled parent-teacher conferences, weekly newsletter and daily program white board/documentation
- Conduct home visits as required.
- Understand and articulate the philosophy of the school.
- Assist in public relations and community building events sponsored by the school.
- Act as a model for assistant teachers and mentor their training and development.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately with colleagues at all times.
- Maintain professional standards and conduct and positive work ethic.
- Respect confidentiality of school-related information.
- Perform other duties, as requested by supervisor.
- Teachers hired at the Teacher level must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children with a minimum of AA or higher in CD, ECE or equivalent; (OR any AA or BA with at least 60 units + 24 college credits in ECE or CD; OR 24 units of CD + 16 general education units and current enrollment in AA or BA program—see matrix) and demonstrated ability to perform all job responsibilities as described in Teacher job description
- Teachers hired at the Associate Teacher level must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children with a minimum of 12 ECE or CD units and the demonstrated ability to perform all job responsibilities as described in the Teacher job description. If candidate does not have at least an AA degree s/he must be continually enrolled in AA program or CD or ECE classes to continue in this level of position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient command of the English language for effective communication.
Salary & Benefits
- Teacher or Associate Teacher classification depending on formal professional training
- Health & dental insurance; retirement & life insurance; disability insurance; generous vacation & sick leave package; 125 plan; credit union and MJCC family membership
The Osher Marin JCC Early Childhood Education Center is an award-winning, nationally-accredited early childhood education center providing children with a safe, nurturing environment to grow and learn as unique individuals. More than just a preschool, we are a supportive community of families and staff working together to provide care and education for children. Our program is deeply influenced by the wisdom of Jewish tradition, constructivism, and emergent curriculum and we invite all to join us. Read More
We have two school sites: JCC Preschool San Rafael, open 7:30am-6pm and JCC Preschool Tiburon, open 7:30am-3pm.
The applicant must be nurturing and responsible and will be expected to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to explore, grow, and develop their own natural curiosity and love of learning. At least 6 units of ECE are preferred but not required. The person hired must be able to communicate professionally and with warmth to children and adults.
Position includes partial health club membership during the period of employment.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume email@example.com.
Plaza J Cafe
Cafe Counter PersonThe JCC is seeking friendly, outgoing, Counter Staff for our new Center Cafe!Counter Person is a part-time (up to 20 hours/week) position at the Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (JCC). The Counter Person is responsible for waiting on customers, making coffee drinks, completing cash register transactions. This person reports to the Café Manager and is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Café and restocking items, as necessary. Read More
- Greet and serve all JCC members and guests in a cheerful and courteous manner.
- Assemble food orders with any additional needed preparation not done in the kitchen.
- Ring up sales; make change; and balance the drawer.
- Clear and clean tables as needed; restock food and supplies.
- Perform duties related to opening or closing of Café.
- Maintain general cleanliness of Café and food service areas and attractive display of foods and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Café Manager.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as the ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs of weight.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Food Handler Card through the State of California.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prep simple foods.
- Shifts up to 18 hours per week are available.
- Salary: Starting at $13 per hour.
- Full JCC Adult membership for employee.
This is a part-time position- up to 20 hours a week. We have found that this position works best for an individual who is seeking only a permanent part-time position.
We run a small café in the Osher Marin JCC. We serve Peet’s coffee and we can get quite busy at times! Do you have barista experience? It’s ok if you do not. We can teach you!
The shifts are mostly 4-8 hour shifts and be anywhere from 6:30 am to closing at 5:00pm Monday thru Fridays. We are open on the weekends and those shifts are anywhere from 8:30am to 4:00 pm.
Although we can (and do!) work around your schedule, we do require availability on the weekends. If this position interests you, please stop by the café located at 200 North San Pedro Rd in San Rafael and fill out an application. Or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.