The Osher Marin JCC is one of the most family-friendly companies to work for in Marin County, and has an exciting array of employment opportunities in our diverse center. From experienced lifeguards and swim instructors to pre-school and administrative professionals, we're looking for the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. We offer an excellent benefits package for our regular employees including a complimentary health club membership (voted "the Best in Marin County"). If you want to make a difference in our community and stay healthy and fit at the same time, there is no better place to work than the Osher Marin JCC! The Osher Marin JCC embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position, please e-mail a completed employment application , a resume and cover letter to the person listed after each opening below. Information may also be sent electronically. (Note: If submitting electronically, please ensure that you save the original file to your computer and verify that all your changes have been saved before attaching the file to an email)
The Operations Manager is an exempt, full-time position reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of the Bernard Osher Marin JCC (Osher Marin JCC). This position plays a key role in coordinating and facilitating campus-wide operations through collaboration with internal JCC staff and campus partners (Brandeis Marin Day School and Congregation Rodef Sholom). Key responsibilities include implementing and managing systems to ensure the accurate and timely scheduling and space allocation for the JCC’s and campus partner’s programming needs, developing and managing parking and transportation policy and operations, and coordinating and implementing security programs and vendors.
Program Resource Coordination
Overview: Implement, manage and execute systems for scheduling and allocating program resources.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding systems, policies and procedures for the management, coordination, reserving, and scheduling of campus program spaces and other resources.
- Utilizing the JCC’s resource reservation database (currently eFin Monarch), schedule program spaces, and other shared resources between various user groups including JCC program departments and campus partners.
- Maintain accurate records and analyze resource usage to assist in the more efficient use of program spaces.
- Working with the Facilities Department team, coordinate and schedule Facilities staff (or vendors) in event/program setup and breakdown including creating and modifying checklists and assisting in the training of new facilities staff in event/program setup and breakdown.
- Proactively communicate with and respond to JCC staff and campus partner organizations in a professional, timely, and efficient manner providing exceptional customer service to all users.
- Schedule and facilitate monthly (and as-needed) Campus Operations meeting with campus partners operations liaisons and JCC programming staff.
Overview: Develop, implement and manage campus operational policies.
- Work with Chief Operating Officer to establish, update and monitor parking policies for the Center.
- Administer staff parking permit registration and distribution.
- Coordinate parking and transportation planning for campus special events.
- Liaison to The Marin School and Brandeis Marin Day School staff and outside vendors for program transportation resources and scheduling.
- As needed, safely operate JCC vans to transport program participants.
Security & Emergency Planning
Overview: Support senior management in the review and implementation of security policies and procedures.
- Under the direction of the COO, liaison to outside security personnel vendors.
- Develop and distribute security personnel schedule.
- Review and recommend security upgrades, processes, and protocol.
- Support JCC and campus emergency planning and preparation.
- Ability to work as a team player with diverse staff and membership.
- Ability to work independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and creative problem solver.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with a variety of database application solutions.
- Class C Driver’s license with no more than 1 point on record.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated dedication to the Marin JCC’s future success.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience and is competitive for the non-profit setting.
- Allowance toward health and dental insurance; paid life and disability insurance; TSA and flexible benefits plan; 22 paid vacations days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; approximately 10 National Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency leave days per incident; JCC family membership; discounts on JCC programs and events.
Please submit an electronic version of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
Event Team Member (Part Time)
The Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts is seeking part-time Event Team Members.
Become an integral part of one of Marin's most thriving venues for concerts, galas, and celebrations of all kinds! Flexible shifts are perfect for those with fulltime careers, in transition, college students or looking for supplemental income.
Overview of the Role:
We are a fun loving team that provides exceptional service to the community. As an Event Team Member, you perform a variety of event operations such as setting up and breaking down event spaces including equipment, tables and chairs. In this role, you will provide event support and exceptional customer service to our members and event guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setup and breakdown for varying types of large and small scale events and performances.
- Ensure setups / breakdowns are completed accurately (per room maps and written instructions), safely, efficiently and timely.
- Setup, breakdown, and on occasion help staff concessions for Performing Arts events.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds and work on feet for extended periods.
- Help clean during & after events when needed (e.g., wiping down equipment, picking/taking out trash, light mopping, etc.).
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written.
- Ability to respond to scheduling requests in a timely manner.
- Availability to work nights and weekends. When available, willing to work with short notice.
- Setup and breakdown audio/visual equipment such as projectors, screens (not required, but a ++ if able).
- Comfortable working with diverse clientele. Customer service focused, friendly and helpful.
- Ability to keep a cool head and a good sense of humor!
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.
Early Childhood Education (ECE)
JCC Preschool Teacher
The JCC Preschools in Tiburon and San Rafael are looking for a teacher-qualified individual with a strong work ethic and love for children. Our program views children, families and staff as a community of active learners, guided by our values and relationships with one another. Constructivism and emergent curriculum are among the core principles of our approach to early childhood education.
We have a job opening for the 2017-18 academic school year (August-June) for a Teacher. This is a 30 hour per week position, Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM. We are looking for an early childhood educator who is nurturing, responsible, organized and able to work within our school’s values-based early learning framework.
All staff members must be able to communicate warmly and professionally with children and adults. Teachers are required to have at least 24 units of ECE/CD and experience working in a preschool setting.
Compensation package includes health club membership, comprehensive and generous benefits package and paid support for professional development in Early Childhood Education. Starting pay is $20.77 per hour with a cost of living raise on September 1st. Please email a resume and a cover letter to Tamar Lai, Early Childhood Education Department Director at email@example.com.
The JCC Preschool Teacher reports to the ECE Director or Preschool Site Director. The person in this position works directly with the children and their families enrolled in the Early Childhood programs.
Responsibilities to be shared with co-teachers in a team-work model will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Interactions with children must reflect respect, compassion and a willingness to gently guide the child.
- Plan, implement, reflect upon and document developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children in accordance with the policies and the philosophy of the school.
- Gear the program to the needs of the individual child with concerns for his/her interests, individual style and stage of development; and to the class as a group. Help each child to become aware of his/her role as a member of the group, while reinforcing positive self-esteem, as well as consciously promoting a diverse and anti-bias atmosphere.
- Intentional, ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and appropriate learning environment of the classroom and play yard.
- Keep records on each child, to include weekly and monthly attendance sheets, accident log, developmental growth, conference records and notes home.
- Document each child’s learning experiences and developmental growth and use the documentation to guide in planning the curriculum.
- Maintain and implement procedures to ensure the health and safety of the children insuring they are under supervision at all times.
- Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and be accountable for all information disbursed at such meetings and in written format.
- Participate in recommended professional development programs and in-service workshops and other opportunities for professional growth.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional, and effective communication and supportive ties with children, staff, parents, and third party consultants to meet the individual needs of children and their families which establish a partnership between school and home for the child.
- Communicate with parents and caretakers formally through scheduled parent-teacher conferences, weekly newsletter and daily program white board/documentation
- Conduct home visits as required.
- Understand and articulate the philosophy of the school.
- Assist in public relations and community building events sponsored by the school.
- Act as a model for assistant teachers and mentor their training and development.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately with colleagues at all times.
- Maintain professional standards and conduct and positive work ethic.
- Respect confidentiality of school-related information.
- Perform other duties, as requested by supervisor.
- Teachers hired at the Teacher level must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children with a minimum of AA or higher in CD, ECE or equivalent; (OR any AA or BA with at least 60 units + 24 college credits in ECE or CD; OR 24 units of CD + 16 general education units and current enrollment in AA or BA program—see matrix) and demonstrated ability to perform all job responsibilities as described in Teacher job description
- Teachers hired at the Associate Teacher level must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children with a minimum of 12 ECE or CD units and the demonstrated ability to perform all job responsibilities as described in the Teacher job description. If candidate does not have at least an AA degree s/he must be continually enrolled in AA program or CD or ECE classes to continue in this level of position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient command of the English language for effective communication.
Salary & Benefits
- Teacher or Associate Teacher classification depending on formal professional training
- Health & dental insurance; retirement & life insurance; disability insurance; generous vacation & sick leave package; 125 plan; credit union and MJCC family membership
The Osher Marin JCC Early Childhood Education Center is an award-winning, nationally-accredited early childhood education center providing children with a safe, nurturing environment to grow and learn as unique individuals. More than just a preschool, we are a supportive community of families and staff working together to provide care and education for children. Our program is deeply influenced by the wisdom of Jewish tradition, constructivism, and emergent curriculum and we invite all to join us.
We have two school sites: JCC Preschool San Rafael, open 7:30am-6pm and JCC Preschool Tiburon, open 7:30am-3pm.
The applicant must be nurturing and responsible and will be expected to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to explore, grow, and develop their own natural curiosity and love of learning. At least 6 units of ECE are preferred but not required. The person hired must be able to communicate professionally and with warmth to children and adults.
Position includes partial health club membership during the period of employment.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fitness & Aquatics
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
We are currently hiring Group Exercise Instructors for Cardio Barre, Pilates Reformer, Indoor Cycle and Strength and Toning.
- Current CPR/First Aid certified.
- Current certification in area of instruction.
- 1 year teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
Salary & Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full Center membership for employee.
- Discounted Childcare while teaching.
Private and group lessons for ages 9 months to adults. Previous experience required. Please e-mail application to Christine Milburn at email@example.com .
We are interviewing immediately for openings.
Compensation: $12-$16.91 depending on experience.
We are looking for individuals with:
• Current Red Cross Lifeguarding/ First Aid/ CPR/ AED certifications (click here for more information on the course we offer)
• Previous lifeguarding experience
• An interest in physical fitness
• Exceptional customer service skills
• A strong work ethic
• Availability to work one of the following schedules:
Please complete the application above and forward directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds.
The KidCare Aide is a part-time or substitute position in the Health & Fitness Department of the Bernard Osher Marin Jewish Community Center. KidCare is a drop-in childcare service available to JCC members while they are present in the building. Children’s ages range from 10 weeks to 9 years old. , the KidCare Aide is responsible for the care and safety of the children registered.
You receive full facility membership with a regularly scheduled shift, which includes: 2 pools, beautiful fitness center, three group fitness studios with over 75 classes a week plus sauna, hot tub and steam room.
- Registers each child upon arrival. Follows standard procedure for child’s departure.
- Oversees the care of children assigned by the Lead KidCare Aide.
- Assists in room preparation and clean-up at the direction of the Lead KidCare Aide.
- Maintains a clean, safe and happy environment for the children.
- Is responsible for other duties as assigned by the Lead KidCare Aide.
- Experience in the care of infants, preschool and school-age children is preferred.
- Sense of humor and love of children is required.
- The physical ability to participate in children’s activities is required.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds is required.
- American Red Cross Certification in Infant/Child CPR is required (can train if not certified).
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line.