The Osher Marin JCC is one of the most family-friendly companies to work for in Marin County, and has an exciting array of employment opportunities in our diverse center. From experienced lifeguards and swim instructors to pre-school and administrative professionals, we're looking for the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. We offer an excellent benefits package for our regular employees including a complimentary health club membership (voted "the Best in Marin County"). If you want to make a difference in our community and stay healthy and fit at the same time, there is no better place to work than the Osher Marin JCC! The Osher Marin JCC embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position, please e-mail a completed employment application , a resume and cover letter to the person listed after each opening below. Information may also be sent electronically. (Note: If submitting electronically, please ensure that you save the original file to your computer and verify that all your changes have been saved before attaching the file to an email)
Director of Facilities & Campus Security
The Director of Facilities & Campus Security is a full-time position responsible for the effective management of the Osher Marin JCC physical facilities, property management, and capital improvements. The position supervises a team of facilities, custodial and housekeeping staff of fifteen; person will negotiate and administer building service contracts with vendors; and oversees special facilities projects that may involve negotiation and coordination with architects and contractors. The Director of Facilities also serves as a liaison with public agencies and campus partners that have a relationship to the properties. The position is responsible for campus and building security systems and serves as part of the emergency response planning committee.
- Manage work schedules and supervise and evaluate quality and quantity of work of Facilities staff
- Hire and oversee the training and supervision of facilities staff
- Manage properties and rolling five-year capital plan
- Manage long and short term space planning and renovations
- Oversee campus and building security systems and serves in an advisory role on the JCC’s internal emergency response planning committee and advises executive management as needed
- Serve as construction project manager on all small and mid-size construction, renovation and space planning projects
- Manage vehicle maintenance and regulatory inspections for all JCC vehicles
- Manage OSHA/IIPP programs
- Plan and administer facilities’ department budgets
- Negotiate contracts, schedule building service sub-contractors and vendors
- Interface and represent Osher Marin JCC with public agencies and campus partners regarding building related needs, requirements, and issues
- Act as MOD (Manager on Duty) periodically
- Experience with multi-million facility budget
- At least five years of recent full-time progressively responsible experience in a commercial multi-use facility- maintenance, repairs, and improvements
- Minimum five years’ experience in supervision of facilities staff
- Experience with supervision of security measures and emergency response plans
- Must be highly organized and accurate with superior time management skills, including the ability to set appropriate priorities
- Outstanding people/ communications skills, including the ability to work well with internal “clients”, managers and supervisors
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced, team setting, while maintaining grace and humor
- MS Word & Excel
- Ability to read and understand commercial building blueprints
- Successful track record dealing with public officials and contractors
- BA preferred.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) preferred.
- Certified Pool Operators license preferred (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid California driver’s license.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Allowance toward health & dental insurance; paid life & disability insurance; access to employee-contributed retirement plans, TSA and 125 plans, 22 paid vacation days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 15 National & Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency leave days per incident; JCC Family membership; discounts on JCC programs & events.
Please submit an electronic version of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Marketing Manager is a full-time, exempt, benefited position in the Marketing Department at the Osher Marin Jewish Community Center. The Marketing Manager oversees day to day marketing operations; assists with copywriting, proofing and editing; manages production schedules of collateral and digital media; and supervises the Marketing Coordinator and manages the freelance designers. Reporting to the Creative Digital Director, the Marketing Manager’s goal is to promote all JCC programs in order to achieve the organization's goals and objectives.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee day to day Marketing operations
- Supervise Marketing Coordinator and manage freelance designers
- Work with programmers to meet all production deadlines
- Assist with copywriting and editing for collateral, ads, press releases, website, and eblasts
- Work with Creative Digital Director to produce eblasts
- Track ROI on advertising campaigns
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to update all collateral within JCC (Banners, Scrims, Posters, Flyers, Brochures)
- Work with Creative Digital Director to maintain J Perks Programs
- Manage WordStream account (AdWords)
- Work with Marketing Coordinator and Development Director to compile J Stories and videos - post their image and story, video, etc. on Facebook and website.
- Work with Director of Marketing & Strategic Projects to monitor center wide marketing budgets.
- Oversee, expand, and work with freelance graphic designers
- Maintain relationship with vendors
- Contact media to attend large events
- Obtain pricing and estimates for print projects and advertising
- Code and process invoices and manage check requests with Finance
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of relevant work experience in marketing and management
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work independently and carefully under deadline
- Excellent computer skills using latest versions of Microsoft Windows platform, MS Excel, Online project management and proofing programs.
- Excellent copywriting, proofreading skills and proven ability to edit effective web-based content using correct grammar, punctuation, and usage
- Basic HTML skills or willing to learn
- Knowledge of social media outlets and ability to post
- Excellent organizational, oral and communication skills
- Positive, upbeat and outgoing attitude
- Dependable, detail-oriented, comfortable juggling multiple deadlines and setting priorities in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and meet tight deadlines while paying impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with management and staff -- a true team player.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with skills & experience
- Full JCC membership for family
- 22 vacation days per year
- 13 sick days per year
- Up to 15 national and religious holidays per year
- Up to 5 days emergency leave per incident
- Allowance toward medical; dental; life insurance; LTD insurance
- Voluntary plans including accident; critical illness; short term disability; vision and additional life insurance plans
- Access to IRS 125 plan, including flexible benefits account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Plan, including travel insurance
- Discounts on JCC programs and services
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
Kanbar Production Support
The Production Substitute is an hourly Technician position within the Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts division of the Osher Marin JCC. This position works closely with the Production Supervisor and Private Event and Operations Manager and is supervised Kanbar Director. Core responsibilities include support for the Production Supervisor, implementing lighting, sound as needed, and acting as lead person as needed for Kanbar Center performances, private events and JCC programs. All Kanbar Staff represent the JCC during events and must keep a clean and professional appearance.
Responsibilities will be to substitute and Support the Production Supervisor to run sound, lights, audio/visual as needed, set and break down events and may include but not be limited to the following:
- Operates audio visual equipment including but not limited to P.A., audio mixer, microphones, projection, video playback and monitoring remote signal flow for cameras and audio gear.
- Represent the Center during public program& special events- Customer service and front line demeanor is a responsibility of the Audio Visual Technician. --Possesses the ability to assist clients with troubleshooting presentation software, such as Powerpoint, Keynote and Quicktime.
- Moves, sets up, takes down, and adjusts a broad range of equipment including microphones laptop computers and other devices for programs as well as tables, chairs for events.
- Oversee/direct rehearsals and sound check.
- Verifies that equipment is in good working order prior to each event; making spot repairs as needed, pulling faulty gear for inspection and repair.
- Oversee/ set-ups and event staff if needed.
- Act as Stage Manager when necessary.
- Maintain clear and concise communication with all Staff, Artists and Management. Carry a radio while on duty.
- Act as production point-of-contact person.
- One (1) year of related work experience performing audiovisual services, preferably in a museum or institution of higher learning; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Working knowledge of: range of microphones; portable sound systems; video projection; flat screen displays; computer-based presentation programs, such as PowerPoint and Keynote; lighting equipment; staging equipment; safety procedures with regard to handling and storage of audiovisual equipment and electrical loads.
- Must be familiar with a variety of mic techniques, especially for drums, live vocals, piano, and percussion.
- Must be able to troubleshoot quickly under pressure.
- Must be humble enough to make coffee, sweep and mop the stage, or just help out with a simple task if assistance is needed. In our organization everyone pitches in to put on the best event we can with whatever we have available.
- Ability to report to work on short notice and to work evening and weekend hours; maximum flexibility is required.
- Able to communicate clearly, both verbal and written.
- Able to multi-task, troubleshoot, keep a cool head and a good sense of humor!
- Outgoing, comfort working with diverse clientele, friendly and helpful.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds.
- Punctual, dependable, and conscientious; reliable and trustworthy; detail-oriented.
- Must be dependable and available to work with short notice and on nights and weekends.
- A passion for music, community and the arts a plus!
Salary and Benefits
- $18 - $22 per hour depending on experience and knowledge
- Staff working on a regular weekly basis may be eligible for Fitness Center benefits.
Event Team Member (Part Time)
The Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts is seeking part-time Event Team Members.
Become an integral part of one of Marin's most thriving venues for concerts, galas, and celebrations of all kinds! Flexible shifts are perfect for those with fulltime careers, in transition, college students or looking for supplemental income.
Overview of the Role:
We are a fun loving team that provides exceptional service to the community. As an Event Team Member, you perform a variety of event operations such as setting up and breaking down event spaces including equipment, tables and chairs. In this role, you will provide event support and exceptional customer service to our members and event guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setup and breakdown for varying types of large and small scale events and performances.
- Ensure setups / breakdowns are completed accurately (per room maps and written instructions), safely, efficiently and timely.
- Setup, breakdown, and on occasion help staff concessions for Performing Arts events.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds and work on feet for extended periods.
- Help clean during & after events when needed (e.g., wiping down equipment, picking/taking out trash, light mopping, etc.).
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written.
- Ability to respond to scheduling requests in a timely manner.
- Availability to work nights and weekends. When available, willing to work with short notice.
- Setup and breakdown audio/visual equipment such as projectors, screens (not required, but a ++ if able).
- Comfortable working with diverse clientele. Customer service focused, friendly and helpful.
- Ability to keep a cool head and a good sense of humor!
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.
Early Childhood Education (ECE)
JCC Preschool Teacher
The JCC Preschools in Tiburon and San Rafael are looking for a teacher-qualified individual with a strong work ethic and love for children. Our program views children, families and staff as a community of active learners, guided by our values and relationships with one another. Constructivism and emergent curriculum are among the core principles of our approach to early childhood education.
We have a job opening for the 2017-18 academic school year (August-June) for a Teacher. This is a 30 hour per week position, Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM. We are looking for an early childhood educator who is nurturing, responsible, organized and able to work within our school’s values-based early learning framework.
All staff members must be able to communicate warmly and professionally with children and adults. Teachers are required to have at least 24 units of ECE/CD and experience working in a preschool setting.
Compensation package includes health club membership, comprehensive and generous benefits package and paid support for professional development in Early Childhood Education. Starting pay is $20.77 per hour with a cost of living raise on September 1st. Please email a resume and a cover letter to Tamar Lai, Early Childhood Education Department Director at email@example.com.
The JCC Preschool Teacher reports to the ECE Director or Preschool Site Director. The person in this position works directly with the children and their families enrolled in the Early Childhood programs.
Responsibilities to be shared with co-teachers in a team-work model will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Interactions with children must reflect respect, compassion and a willingness to gently guide the child.
- Plan, implement, reflect upon and document developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children in accordance with the policies and the philosophy of the school.
- Gear the program to the needs of the individual child with concerns for his/her interests, individual style and stage of development; and to the class as a group. Help each child to become aware of his/her role as a member of the group, while reinforcing positive self-esteem, as well as consciously promoting a diverse and anti-bias atmosphere.
- Intentional, ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and appropriate learning environment of the classroom and play yard.
- Keep records on each child, to include weekly and monthly attendance sheets, accident log, developmental growth, conference records and notes home.
- Document each child’s learning experiences and developmental growth and use the documentation to guide in planning the curriculum.
- Maintain and implement procedures to ensure the health and safety of the children insuring they are under supervision at all times.
- Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and be accountable for all information disbursed at such meetings and in written format.
- Participate in recommended professional development programs and in-service workshops and other opportunities for professional growth.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional, and effective communication and supportive ties with children, staff, parents, and third party consultants to meet the individual needs of children and their families which establish a partnership between school and home for the child.
- Communicate with parents and caretakers formally through scheduled parent-teacher conferences, weekly newsletter and daily program white board/documentation
- Conduct home visits as required.
- Understand and articulate the philosophy of the school.
- Assist in public relations and community building events sponsored by the school.
- Act as a model for assistant teachers and mentor their training and development.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately with colleagues at all times.
- Maintain professional standards and conduct and positive work ethic.
- Respect confidentiality of school-related information.
- Perform other duties, as requested by supervisor.
- Teachers hired at the Teacher level must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children with a minimum of AA or higher in CD, ECE or equivalent; (OR any AA or BA with at least 60 units + 24 college credits in ECE or CD; OR 24 units of CD + 16 general education units and current enrollment in AA or BA program—see matrix) and demonstrated ability to perform all job responsibilities as described in Teacher job description
- Teachers hired at the Associate Teacher level must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children with a minimum of 12 ECE or CD units and the demonstrated ability to perform all job responsibilities as described in the Teacher job description. If candidate does not have at least an AA degree s/he must be continually enrolled in AA program or CD or ECE classes to continue in this level of position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient command of the English language for effective communication.
Salary & Benefits
- Teacher or Associate Teacher classification depending on formal professional training
- Health & dental insurance; retirement & life insurance; disability insurance; generous vacation & sick leave package; 125 plan; credit union and MJCC family membership
The Osher Marin JCC Early Childhood Education Center is an award-winning, nationally-accredited early childhood education center providing children with a safe, nurturing environment to grow and learn as unique individuals. More than just a preschool, we are a supportive community of families and staff working together to provide care and education for children. Our program is deeply influenced by the wisdom of Jewish tradition, constructivism, and emergent curriculum and we invite all to join us.
We have two school sites: JCC Preschool San Rafael, open 7:30am-6pm and JCC Preschool Tiburon, open 7:30am-3pm.
The applicant must be nurturing and responsible and will be expected to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to explore, grow, and develop their own natural curiosity and love of learning. At least 6 units of ECE are preferred but not required. The person hired must be able to communicate professionally and with warmth to children and adults.
Position includes partial health club membership during the period of employment.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fitness & Aquatics
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
We are currently hiring Group Exercise Instructors for Cardio Barre, Pilates Reformer, Indoor Cycle and Strength and Toning.
- Current CPR/First Aid certified.
- Current certification in area of instruction.
- 1 year teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
Salary & Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full Center membership for employee.
- Discounted Childcare while teaching.
Private and group lessons for ages 9 months to adults. Previous experience required. Please e-mail application to Christine Milburn at email@example.com .
We are interviewing immediately for openings.
Compensation: $12-$16.91 depending on experience.
We are looking for individuals with:
• Current Red Cross Lifeguarding/ First Aid/ CPR/ AED certifications (click here for more information on the course we offer)
• Previous lifeguarding experience
• An interest in physical fitness
• Exceptional customer service skills
• A strong work ethic
• Availability to work one of the following schedules:
Please complete the application above and forward directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds.
The KidCare Aide is a part-time or substitute position in the Health & Fitness Department of the Bernard Osher Marin Jewish Community Center. KidCare is a drop-in childcare service available to JCC members while they are present in the building. Children’s ages range from 10 weeks to 9 years old. , the KidCare Aide is responsible for the care and safety of the children registered.
You receive full facility membership with a regularly scheduled shift, which includes: 2 pools, beautiful fitness center, three group fitness studios with over 75 classes a week plus sauna, hot tub and steam room.
- Registers each child upon arrival. Follows standard procedure for child’s departure.
- Oversees the care of children assigned by the Lead KidCare Aide.
- Assists in room preparation and clean-up at the direction of the Lead KidCare Aide.
- Maintains a clean, safe and happy environment for the children.
- Is responsible for other duties as assigned by the Lead KidCare Aide.
- Experience in the care of infants, preschool and school-age children is preferred.
- Sense of humor and love of children is required.
- The physical ability to participate in children’s activities is required.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds is required.
- American Red Cross Certification in Infant/Child CPR is required (can train if not certified).
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line.