ISRAEL IN MARIN
FAMILY CONNECTIONS HANDS ON ISRAEL! AGES 0-3 + siblings. Music, art, treats & parent education. FREE but please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
BE OUR GUEST AT THE JCC FITNESS CENTER & POOLS FOR FREE
CULTURAL FESTIVAL FOR ALL AGES
- Take a photo with Hump-free…a real camel!
- Shop the Shuk – an Artisan & Vendor Market expanded for 2014
- Challenge yourself in our Israeli Boot Camp
- View the Tel Aviv Photography Exhibit
- Discover treasures in an archaeology dig
- You’re invited to a PJ Library® Israel Party!
- Take a pic in our Photo Booth!
- Make an ancient mosaic and decorate a Kesher tree
- At 1:30pm: Hear a live concert by The Hebrew Project who blend Jewish, gospel, jazz & world music
- Play beach games
- Experience the spices of Israel
- Celebrate Israel’s Birthday—with cake!
- Visit baby chicks!
- Place a message in the Western Wall
- Do arts & crafts
- Buy delicious food from Miller’s East Coast Deli and from Sweet Thrills Bakeshop
ABOUT THE HEBREW PROJECT (THP)
The eclectic stylings of THP converging on and around Israel is symbolic of all nations flowing to Zion (Isaiah 2). THP is a musical way of introducing and cultivating a pro-Israel atmosphere particularly among people of color. By using a gospel, jazz and world music framework, THP stands with the Jewish people, and defends her right to exist. THP also seeks to educate others about the multiethnic Jewish Diaspora. It is a teaching tool used to explain the Jewish peoples’ historic return to the land of Israel after being scattered throughout the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas and the islands of the sea.
Volume one of The Hebrew Project, is a collection of Jewish or Israel related songs, is a celebration of the multiethnic Jewish Diaspora. The title (From Beyond the Rivers) is from Zephaniah 3.10:
From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants,
even the daughter of my dispersed,
shall bring mine offering.
THP Artists are the singers and musicians that comprise the group. They are from various parts of Northern California with different ethnic and musical backgrounds. Their music blends traditional Jewish songs with jazz, gospel and world music styles. Combining these different styles gives not only a rich listening experience, it is an artistic form of a pro-Israel message. Without mention of wars, politics, or ethnic strife, THP gives praise to the God of Israel, and celebrates the nation of Israel.
The Center for Jewish Peoplehood with generous support from The Israel Center with generous support from Steve and Leslie Isaacs.