In partnership with:
Congregation Rodef Sholom
Congregation Kol Shofar
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-574-7233
Childcare provided (RSVP by Thursday, March 1)
Please join Shalom Bayit and Laurie Nardone, Certified Financial Planner® for a workshop on first steps toward taking control of your financial future. Our workshop provides a safe space for single moms and domestic violence survivors to discuss how to have healthy finances in a new chapter of our lives.
We will walk you through:
- Taking a financial inventory of your situation
- Budgeting and money management skills
- Setting financial priorities
- Strategies for tracking your expenses
- Navigating changes in financial status
- Coping with financial abuse from one’s ex-partner
- Resources for learning and support
ABOUT SHALOM BAYIT
Shalom Bayit’s mission is to foster the social change and community response necessary to eradicate domestic violence in the Jewish community.
- We strive to create effective, culturally-based strategies to improve Jewish community accountability and response to domestic violence.
- We strengthen the future of our community by teaching our youth, adults, and community leaders to respond when violence occurs.
- Our goals are to support and advocate on behalf of Jewish battered women and their children; to educate the Jewish community and its leadership about domestic violence; to empower Jewish youth with the knowledge and skills they need to make healthy relationship choices; to organize effective abuse prevention and intervention strategies; and to improve Jewish women’s access to domestic violence services.