Pop-Up Jewish Marin
Fun for all – with a side of Jewish
Presented by the Osher Marin JCC’s Center for Jewish Peoplehood with PJ Library, Kesher, Marin JCC Camp Kehillah, and JCC Preschool
Meet us at Marin Country Mart to celebrate Shavuot with fun family activities and free ice cream. Shavuot began as an ancient agricultural holiday, coinciding with the beginning of the summer harvest. Since biblical times, it is celebrated as the giving of the Torah on Mt. Sinai and the harvesting of the first fruits.
- One of the most delicious Shavuot traditions is to eat dairy foods. This allows us to remember the promise that Israel is a land flowing with milk and honey. Swing by our pop-up to pick up your free scoop, courtesy of Three Twins.*
- Get creative! First Fruit Festivals are often held on kibbutzim, Israeli cooperative farms. These parades include lush displays of fruits, tractors, dancing, and children decked out with flower garlands. To celebrate the agricultural roots of Shavuot, we will be making our own flower crowns.
- Learn about resources for families in and around Marin from our Kesher family concierge and read some holiday-themed books from PJ Library.
- We read The Book of Ruth on Shavuot to remind ourselves that the poor were treated with compassion during the harvest season. Learn more about the relevant themes of her story.
- Spin our rainbow prize wheel for Shavuot and environmentally themed prizes.
- Free and open to all!
*Free ice cream for the first 100 kids
Marin Country Mart, 2257 Larkspur Landing Cir, Larkspur, CA 94939