The Osher Marin JCC is one of the most family-friendly companies to work for in Marin County, and has an exciting array of employment opportunities in our diverse center. From experienced lifeguards and swim instructors to pre-school and administrative professionals, we're looking for the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. We offer an excellent benefits package for our regular employees including a complimentary health club membership (voted "the Best in Marin County"). If you want to make a difference in our community and stay healthy and fit at the same time, there is no better place to work than the Osher Marin JCC! The Osher Marin JCC embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position, please e-mail a completed employment application , a resume and cover letter to the person listed after each opening below. Information may also be sent electronically.
Early Childhood Education (ECE)
The Osher Marin JCC Early Childhood Education Center is an award-winning, nationally-accredited early childhood education center providing children with a safe, nurturing environment to grow and learn as unique individuals. More than just a preschool, we are a supportive community of families and staff working together to provide care and education for children. Our program is deeply influenced by the wisdom of Jewish tradition, constructivism, and emergent curriculum and we invite all to join us.
We have two school sites: JCC Preschool San Rafael, open 7:30am-6pm and JCC Preschool Tiburon, open 7:30am-3pm.
The applicant must be nurturing and responsible and will be expected to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to explore, grow, and develop their own natural curiosity and love of learning. Substitutes are required to have at least 6 units of ECE. The person hired must be able to communicate professionally and with warmth to children and adults.
Position includes health club membership during the period of employment.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume email@example.com.
Membership Sales Director
The Membership Sales Director is a full-time, exempt staff position at the Osher Marin Jewish Community Center. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Membership Sales Director is primarily responsible for generating membership sales, managing member retention, and supervising an Associate Membership Sales Director, Member Services staff, and Customer Service Supervisor and Front Desk Representatives.
- Sets membership sales objectives for the year (in excess of $4.0 million dollars). Manages membership budget and provides updated financial forecasts as needed.
- Devises sales plans and strategies to meet agreed-upon individual and corporate sales goals and objectives that maximize membership retention rates.
- Supervises Associate Director, Member Services, and Customer Service staff, making sure the team is fully aware of the Center's programs and services.
- Develops new member leads
- Actively participates in new member prospect identification and acquisition and marketing efforts to achieve maximum conversion results (currently over 70%).
- Leads departmental efforts to identify members’ program and service needs. Creates communication and promotion materials in conjunction with Marketing department that meet these needs and maximize sales potential.
- Coordinates with various JCC departments to maximize "cross-selling" efforts.
- Supervises and actively participates in efforts to retain existing members (currently over 75%).
- Meet or exceed monthly personal, team, and point-of-sale sales goals.
- Ensures compliance with member contract and handbook policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- College degree.
- 3 - 5 years of direct sales and supervisory experience.
- Display professional behavior at all times and in a variety of circumstances.
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented, with excellent leadership capabilities.
- Extraordinary customer service skills.
- Very comfortable with multitasking in fast-changing environment.
- Able to successfully handle unpredictable situations.
- Able to create and implement new sales programs and build a team.
- Able to upsell new and existing offerings to existing customer base.
- Able to work well with diverse groups of members and staff.
- Excellent oral and written communications ability.
- Knowledge of computers, various software and accounting systems and practices.
- Previous knowledge of and/or staff experience with JCCs a plus.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Health & dental insurance; life, disability & retirement plans; TSA and 125 plans
- 22 paid vacation days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 15 national & Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency/funeral leave days per year
- JCC full-facility membership; discounts on JCC programs, services & events.
Please forward resume and cover letter via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Membership Sales Director" in the subject line and include salary history. Sorry, phone calls will not be accepted.
Fitness & Aquatics
Private and group lessons for ages 9 months to adults. Previous experience required. Please e-mail application to Cheryll Boissevain at email@example.com.
Fitness & Aquatics
Current Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certifications required. Please e-mail application to Kelli Maciel firstname.lastname@example.org.