The Osher Marin JCC is one of the most family-friendly companies to work for in Marin County, and has an exciting array of employment opportunities in our diverse center. From experienced lifeguards and swim instructors to pre-school and administrative professionals, we're looking for the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. We offer an excellent benefits package for our regular employees including a complimentary health club membership (voted "the Best in Marin County"). If you want to make a difference in our community and stay healthy and fit at the same time, there is no better place to work than the Osher Marin JCC! The Osher Marin JCC embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to download General Employment Application
1). Print application, 2). Fill out the application, 3).scan (or take photo of), 4). and then email (to the email listed for the job applying for) or drop it off at the front desk to the attention of Lisa Bookstein
Click here to download PRESCHOOL Application
To apply for a position, please e-mail a completed employment application , a resume and cover letter to the person listed after each opening below. Information may also be sent electronically. (Note: If submitting electronically, please ensure that you save the original file to your computer and verify that all your changes have been saved before attaching the file to an email)
We are looking for a few dynamic and upbeat swim lesson instructors for our award winning swim school. We have classes for people of all ages from parent and babies, toddlers, school age and adults; we offer both private and groups swim lessons and you can choose the age group that suits you best. Schedule is flexible both late mornings, afternoon and evenings, plus weekend shifts are also available. Major Bonus: you’ll receive a free membership if you work at least one regular schedule shift!
Previous experience is strongly preferred, but if this is something you are interested in learning, we do offer Red Cross Water Safety Instruction (WSI) Click here for more info on the courses we offer.
Compensation: $16-$30 per hour DOE.
Please email resume or application to Christine Milburn at email@example.com
We are looking for lifeguards to help support our busy aquatics areas, we are currently interviewing and have several openings, both part-time (under 18 hours per week) and fulltime (20-40 hours) The fulltime positions are Union jobs with excellent benefits.
We are looking for individuals with:• Current Red Cross Lifeguarding/ First Aid/ CPR/ AED certifications (click here for more information on the course we offer)
• Previous lifeguarding experience
• An interest in physical fitness
• Exceptional customer service skills
• A strong work ethic
• Availability to work one or more of the following schedules:
When we extend our hours to 7pm for Summer Sat/Sun
Compensation: $12-$18.99 DOE
Please email your resume or complete the application above and forward directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds.
The Housekeeper position is a Union position working under the Facilities Department of the Bernard Osher Marin Jewish Community Center. Reporting to the Facilities Director, the Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining the Health & Fitness Center, lobby restrooms and other areas to create a spotless club environment. This is a full-time, swing shift Monday through Friday schedule.
Maintain clean locker rooms, changing rooms, fitness center, pool patio, restrooms and other assigned areas
- Distribute, collect, wash, and fold towels
- Wipe down and replenish all body products and lotion throughout duration of shift
- Maintain towel supply at distribution points
- Communicates clearly with Manager on Duty and other facilities staff via 2-way radio
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Facilities Director or MOD
- Previous housekeeping/janitorial experience
- Familiarity with industrial laundry equipment
- Must be able to lift and push 30+ pounds
- Dependable, punctual, friendly and willing to be part of a thriving community.
Salary & Benefits:
- Union Housekeeper classification and benefits
- Medical, dental, life and Retirement plan
- Family membership and discounts on programs and events
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email Mike De Groot via email@example.com
Weekend Housekeeper for Men’s Locker Rooms
The Weekend Housekeeper position for Men’s Locker Rooms is a part-time position within the Facilities Department. Reporting to the Facilities Director, the Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining the Health & Fitness Center, lobby restrooms and other areas to create a spotless club environment.
The position hours are Saturday and Sunday from 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM.
- Maintain men’s locker rooms, changing rooms, and restrooms, fitness center, pool patio, and other assigned Health and Fitness areas
- Collect, wash and folds towels throughout the daily shift
- Restock all bath and body products (toilet tissue, paper towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, etc.) periodically throughout shift
- Close and rinse down steam room at 2:00 PM on both Saturday and Sunday and reopen steam room at 2:15 PM
- Maintain towel supplies at distribution points around Health and Fitness
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
- Previous housekeeping experience
- Familiarity with industrial laundry equipment
- Dependable and punctual
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Full facility, single JCC membership!
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
Event Team Member (Part Time)
The Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts is seeking part-time Event Team Members.
Become an integral part of one of Marin's most thriving venues for concerts, galas, and celebrations of all kinds! Flexible shifts are perfect for those with fulltime careers, in transition, college students or looking for supplemental income.
Overview of the Role:
We are a fun loving team that provides exceptional service to the community. As an Event Team Member, you perform a variety of event operations such as setting up and breaking down event spaces including equipment, tables and chairs. In this role, you will provide event support and exceptional customer service to our members and event guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setup and breakdown for varying types of large and small scale events and performances.
- Ensure setups / breakdowns are completed accurately (per room maps and written instructions), safely, efficiently and timely.
- Setup, breakdown, and on occasion help staff concessions for Performing Arts events.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds and work on feet for extended periods.
- Help clean during & after events when needed (e.g., wiping down equipment, picking/taking out trash, light mopping, etc.).
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written.
- Ability to respond to scheduling requests in a timely manner.
- Availability to work nights and weekends. When available, willing to work with short notice.
- Setup and breakdown audio/visual equipment such as projectors, screens (not required, but a ++ if able).
- Comfortable working with diverse clientele. Customer service focused, friendly and helpful.
- Ability to keep a cool head and a good sense of humor!
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.
Early Childhood Education (ECE)
Part-time Business Office Administrative Assistant in Early Childhood Education
The Early Childhood Education Administrative Assistant position in the school’s business office is a part- time hourly role 18 hours per week (schedule flexible) at the Bernard Osher Marin Jewish Community Center in San Rafael. This position is supervised by the ECE Operations Manager.
This is a busy role with a lot of variety and duties included but not limited to, clerical and administrative duties, as well as customer service and program information dissemination for the purpose of marketing and facilitating communications between parents, teaching staff and JCC administration. This is a creative and thriving preschool in a beautiful campus setting.
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment as the first contact for all ECE inquiries
- Act as a communications liaison between parents, teachers, and JCC administration
- Arrange for substitute coverage when teachers are out
- Create well written communications
- Respond to all ECE program inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Coordinate tours for the JCC Preschool
- Track licensing forms received, maintain and organize all forms and reports in accordance with the Department of Social Services, accreditation and state regulations
- Intake and timely processing of program billable transactions
- Handle mail, filing, faxing and help maintain a clean and organized office, lobby and school
- Copying and distribution of written communications
- Order and maintain office equipment, supplies and files
- Other duties as assigned by ECE and JCC management
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable according to deadlines
- Manage and reconcile all petty cash and reconcile credit card statement
- Inventory and ordering of food, paper goods and classroom supplies while maintaining accurate pricing from vendors
- 3+ years off office administrative experience
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Outlook; ability to learn new software systems
- Process high degree of organizational, customer and time management skills as well as acute attention to detail. Math skills necessary.
- Good judgement and ability to problem solve
- Flexibility to anticipate transitions in the work day, week and month.
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Finger prints, first aid and CPR training will be offered and required. Proof of immunizations required.
Pay Rate: $20 per hour. This is a non-benefited position
Please email a resume and cover letter to Doris Simon, Operations Manager
JCC Preschool Teacher
The JCC Preschools in Tiburon and San Rafael are looking for a teacher-qualified individual with a strong work ethic and love for children. Our program views children, families and staff as a community of active learners, guided by our values and relationships with one another. Constructivism and emergent curriculum are among the core principles of our approach to early childhood education.
We have a job opening for the 2017-18 academic school year (August-June) for a Teacher. This is a 30 hour per week position, Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM. We are looking for an early childhood educator who is nurturing, responsible, organized and able to work within our school’s values-based early learning framework.
All staff members must be able to communicate warmly and professionally with children and adults. Teachers are required to have at least 24 units of ECE/CD and experience working in a preschool setting.
Compensation package includes health club membership, comprehensive and generous benefits package and paid support for professional development in Early Childhood Education. Starting pay is $20.77 per hour with a cost of living raise on September 1st. Please email a resume and a cover letter to Tamar Lai, Early Childhood Education Department Director at email@example.com.
The JCC Preschool Teacher reports to the ECE Director or Preschool Site Director. The person in this position works directly with the children and their families enrolled in the Early Childhood programs.
Responsibilities to be shared with co-teachers in a team-work model will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Interactions with children must reflect respect, compassion and a willingness to gently guide the child.
- Plan, implement, reflect upon and document developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children in accordance with the policies and the philosophy of the school.
- Gear the program to the needs of the individual child with concerns for his/her interests, individual style and stage of development; and to the class as a group. Help each child to become aware of his/her role as a member of the group, while reinforcing positive self-esteem, as well as consciously promoting a diverse and anti-bias atmosphere.
- Intentional, ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and appropriate learning environment of the classroom and play yard.
- Keep records on each child, to include weekly and monthly attendance sheets, accident log, developmental growth, conference records and notes home.
- Document each child’s learning experiences and developmental growth and use the documentation to guide in planning the curriculum.
- Maintain and implement procedures to ensure the health and safety of the children insuring they are under supervision at all times.
- Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and be accountable for all information disbursed at such meetings and in written format.
- Participate in recommended professional development programs and in-service workshops and other opportunities for professional growth.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional, and effective communication and supportive ties with children, staff, parents, and third party consultants to meet the individual needs of children and their families which establish a partnership between school and home for the child.
- Communicate with parents and caretakers formally through scheduled parent-teacher conferences, weekly newsletter and daily program white board/documentation
- Conduct home visits as required.
- Understand and articulate the philosophy of the school.
- Assist in public relations and community building events sponsored by the school.
- Act as a model for assistant teachers and mentor their training and development.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately with colleagues at all times.
- Maintain professional standards and conduct and positive work ethic.
- Respect confidentiality of school-related information.
- Perform other duties, as requested by supervisor.
- Teachers hired at the Teacher level must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children with a minimum of AA or higher in CD, ECE or equivalent; (OR any AA or BA with at least 60 units + 24 college credits in ECE or CD; OR 24 units of CD + 16 general education units and current enrollment in AA or BA program—see matrix) and demonstrated ability to perform all job responsibilities as described in Teacher job description
- Teachers hired at the Associate Teacher level must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children with a minimum of 12 ECE or CD units and the demonstrated ability to perform all job responsibilities as described in the Teacher job description. If candidate does not have at least an AA degree s/he must be continually enrolled in AA program or CD or ECE classes to continue in this level of position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient command of the English language for effective communication.
Salary & Benefits
- Teacher or Associate Teacher classification depending on formal professional training
- Health & dental insurance; retirement & life insurance; disability insurance; generous vacation & sick leave package; 125 plan; credit union and MJCC family membership
The Osher Marin JCC Early Childhood Education Center is an award-winning, nationally-accredited early childhood education center providing children with a safe, nurturing environment to grow and learn as unique individuals. More than just a preschool, we are a supportive community of families and staff working together to provide care and education for children. Our program is deeply influenced by the wisdom of Jewish tradition, constructivism, and emergent curriculum and we invite all to join us.
We have two school sites: JCC Preschool San Rafael, open 7:30am-6pm and JCC Preschool Tiburon, open 7:30am-3pm.
The applicant must be nurturing and responsible and will be expected to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to explore, grow, and develop their own natural curiosity and love of learning. At least 6 units of ECE are preferred but not required. The person hired must be able to communicate professionally and with warmth to children and adults.
Position includes partial health club membership during the period of employment.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plaza J Cafe
Cafe Counter Person
The JCC is seeking friendly, outgoing, mature and dependable Counter Staff for our Center Cafe!
The Café Counter Person is a part-time (up to 18 hours/week) position at the Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (JCC). The Counter Person is responsible for waiting on customers, making espresso drinks, completing cash register transactions and simple food preparation. This person reports to the Café Manager and is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Café and restocking items, as necessary.
- Greet and serve all JCC members and guests in a cheerful and courteous manner.
- Assemble food orders with any additional needed preparation not done in the kitchen.
- Ring up sales; make change; and balance the drawer.
- Clear and clean tables as needed; restock food and supplies.
- Perform duties related to opening or closing of Café.
- Maintain general cleanliness of Café and food service areas and attractive display of foods and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Café Manager.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as the ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs of weight.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Food Handler Card through the County of Marin.
- Minimum of one year experience in retail sales and/or food service, with direct experience serving the public.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: Starting at $12 per hour.
- Full JCC Adult membership for employee.
This is a part-time position- up to 18 hours a week. We have found that this position works best for an individual who is seeking only a permanent part-time position.
We run a small café within Osher Marin JCC. We serve Peet’s coffee and we can get quite busy at times! Do you have barista experience? It’s ok if you do not. We can teach you!
In our little café we are like a family and we do most everything that has to do with the café ourselves- meaning, we wash dishes, stock product, prep, cashiering and most importantly, serve our customers with a smile and a great attitude!
We are a counter café and do not wait tables. Customers come up to the counter and ask us to get and ring up what they would like.
The shifts are mostly 4-6 hour shifts and be anywhere from 6:30 am to closing at 6:00pm Monday thru Fridays. We are open on the weekends and those shifts are anywhere from 8:30am to 4:oo pm.
Although we can (and do!) work around your schedule, we do require availability on the weekends.
**We are currently seeking applicants who can work shifts during the weekdays.
We offer a full gym membership and though we work hard, we have fun doing it!
If this position interests you, please stop by the café located at 200 North San Pedro Rd in San Rafael and fill out an application. Or submit your resume to Radams@marinjcc.org
Fitness & Aquatics
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
- Current CPR/First Aid certified.
- Current certification in area of instruction.
- 1 year teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
Salary & Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full Center membership for employee.
- Discounted Childcare while teaching.
We are looking for a long term relationship with experienced massage therapists.
Are you a massage therapist who has excellent technical skills, communicates well with clients, is punctual, seeks continuing education opportunities and emphasizes customer service? Are you California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) certified? Do you have 500 or more hours of massage training or 5 years experience and professional liability insurance? Are you a self-starter who can promote your art and support the massage department?
Please send resume and completed application to email@example.com
KIDCARE is hiring!
Want a FREE membership to the JCC? For a few hours of your time, earn some spending cash and a FREE JCC membership!
KIDCARE is hiring for the following shifts:
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9am-12pm
- Experience in the care of infants and preschool preferable but not necessary.
- The physical ability to participate in children’s activities is required.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds is required.
- Available to work weekends
- American Red Cross Certification in Infant/Child CPR is required.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org