The Osher Marin JCC is one of the most family-friendly companies to work for in Marin County, and has an exciting array of employment opportunities in our diverse center. From experienced lifeguards and swim instructors to pre-school and administrative professionals, we're looking for the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. We offer an excellent benefits package for our regular employees including a complimentary health club membership (voted "the Best in Marin County"). If you want to make a difference in our community and stay healthy and fit at the same time, there is no better place to work than the Osher Marin JCC! The Osher Marin JCC embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position, please e-mail a completed employment application , a resume and cover letter to the person listed after each opening below. Information may also be sent electronically. (Note: If submitting electronically, please ensure that you save the original file to your computer and verify that all your changes have been saved before attaching the file to an email)
Chief Financial Officer
Nestled in the beautiful hills of Marin County, the Jewish Community Center (JCC) is part of a unique campus-like environment that has provided educational, social, cultural, and fitness programs to the community since 1946. Open to everyone, the mission of the Osher Marin JCC is to celebrate, strengthen and sustain Jewish life and culture, to build cross-cultural understanding, and to enrich the lives of those in the community at large. http://www.marinjcc.org/
The JCC is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who is sharp, detailed, personable, even keeled and an effective mediator. The CFO is the financial partner for the CEO and COO and serves as the department head of the accounting department. This is a full-time position with flexible hours negotiable. The JCC is a non-profit organization with an operating budget of $12M comprised of mixed revenue streams from six major program areas and fundraising. This is an executive management position requiring extensive financial management knowledge. As part of an executive team, the CFO will assist in the overall leadership and direction of the JCC and staff. The CFO will ensure the effective utilization of the JCC's personnel and financial resources in a manner that is consistent with our service standards approved within the annual budgets and/or business plans.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the administration and management of three departments: Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, IT, and overall financial functions of the JCC.
- Oversight of all functions of Finance & Accounting including:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Cash management
- Financial modelling
- Revenue forecasting
- Development and management of the annual JCC and departmental budgets.
- Supervision of all billing and monitoring of receivables.
- Develop financial and operational policies and internal control systems.
- Manage requirements and financial information for grant applications and funder reports.
- Liaison to lending institutions and banks.
- Monitor purchasing procedures.
- Provide financial reports to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
- Oversee JCC networking, internet, accounting and software systems.
- Investigate and report on annual financial operating issues.
- Oversee and review of all JCC agreements and contracts with renters, outside vendors and contractors, as well as all legal matters.
- Oversee Human Resources functions of the JCC including:
- Payroll administration and monitoring
- Personnel practices
- Supports the Director of Human Resources in negotiating Union contract
- Provide support material and guidance as needed by the CEO and COO.
- Prepare 990 and federal/state grant reports.
- Oversee all staff in areas stated above to include hire, train, supervision, and evaluation.
- Provide the assistance and supervision necessary for all department heads to have the tools necessary for them to manage the financial aspects of their departments.
- Provide leadership to executive staff team on financial and administration areas of the JCC.
- Serve as part of the senior management of the JCC.
- Assist management staff with preparation of key statistics to monitor their areas of operations.
- Represent JCC as Campus Partner on financial matters.
- Attend board, executive and finance committee meetings.
- Prepare briefings and reports for board, executive and finance committee meetings.
- Provide information and insight to the board on the financials annually and strategically.
- Assist the treasurer to present monthly and year-end reports to the board
- Staff the Finance Committee:
- Prepare agendas with the treasurer
- Prepare all necessary reports with Controller
- Maintain minutes of all meetings
- Guide the committee through the annual budget and audit processes.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in finance or business, prefer Masters.
- 5 - 7 years experience in managerial role in a finance setting.
- Previous experience in operational oversight a plus.
- Solid knowledge of non-profit organizations, GAAP standards and fund accounting.
- The ability to keep current on new legal rulings and laws that may affect the JCC.
- Advanced computer knowledge and skills in needed areas of finance and accounting.
- Ability to work effectively and expediently in a team environment.
- Proven track record as an impactful negotiator and relationship builder. Experience with unions a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Technologically savvy to manage the organizations IT strategy and systems a plus.
- Ability to manage across multiple disciplines simultaneously
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Maintain calm and professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment
- Salary commensurate with skills & experience.
- Allowance toward health & dental insurance; life & disability insurance; TSA and flexible benefits plan; 22 paid vacation days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; approximately 15 National & Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency leave days; JCC family membership; discounts on JCC programs & events.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: Lee Ann Buckley lbuckley@MarinJCC.org
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Operations & Facilities
Maintenance Staff Person
The JCC currently has an opening for a Maintenance Staff person.
This position is a year-round, 40-hour a week position. The hours may vary. The primary purpose of this position is to clean, maintain and repair the facilities of the JCC, while assisting our busy programming department with meeting set-ups and breakdowns. The Maintenance Staff person is supervised by the Night Supervisor and Assistant Director of Facilities.
Assist with the maintenance and repair of the facility with the following (but not limited to these) tasks:
- Maintain and repair facility while observing and practicing all safety regulations as outlined by CAL OSHA and OMJCC safety program.
- Assist in event set-up/take-down, moving tables and chairs, clean-up during and after events.
- Custodial/Janitorial cleaning of OMJCC facility.
- Carry a two-way radio at all times and maintain constant contact using prescribed radio communication techniques.
- Work closely and smoothly with other members of the Maintenance Staff, as well as being self-motivated and capable of working well with or without direct supervision.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Experience with HVAC, pool systems, carpentry or light construction.
- Knowledge and proficiency in proper and safe use of hand/power tools used in repairs and light construction.
- The ability to clearly and safely communicate with staff and supervisors in English.
- Must be able to easily lift and move 75 pounds of weight.
Salary & Benefits:
- Union Maintenance classification.
- Allowance toward health & dental insurance; life & disability insurance; retirement, 125 plans, paid vacation days starting at 10 days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 15 National & Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency leave days; JCC full facility family membership; discounts on JCC programs & events.
Please call 415-444-8000 for an application and forward to Mike Juri at OMJCC, 200 N. San Pedro Road, San Rafael, CA 94903
Plaza J Cafe
Cafe Counter Person
The JCC is seeking friendly, outgoing, Counter Staff for our new Center Cafe!
The Café Counter Person is a part-time (up to 18 hours/week) position at the Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (JCC). The Counter Person is responsible for waiting on customers, making coffee drinks, completing cash register transactions. This person reports to the Café Manager and is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Café and restocking items, as necessary.
- Greet and serve all JCC members and guests in a cheerful and courteous manner.
- Assemble food orders with any additional needed preparation not done in the kitchen.
- Ring up sales; make change; and balance the drawer.
- Clear and clean tables as needed; restock food and supplies.
- Perform duties related to opening or closing of Café.
- Maintain general cleanliness of Café and food service areas and attractive display of foods and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Café Manager.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as the ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs of weight.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Food Handler Card through the County of Marin.
- Minimum of one year experience in retail sales and/or food service, with direct experience serving the public.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $10-$12 per hour, depending upon experience.
- Full JCC Adult membership for employee.
This is a part-time position- up to 18 hours a week. We have found that this position works best for an individual who is seeking only a permanent part-time position.
We run a small café in the Osher Marin JCC. We serve Peet’s coffee and we can get quite busy at times! Do you have barista experience? It’s ok if you do not. We can teach you!
In our little café we are like a family and we do most everything that has to do with the café ourselves- meaning, we wash dishes, stock product, prep, cashiering and most importantly, serve our customers with a smile and a great attitude!
We are a counter café and do not wait tables. Customers come up to the counter and ask us to get and ring up what they would like.
The shifts are mostly 4-6 hour shifts and be anywhere from 6:30 am to closing at 6:00pm Monday thru Fridays. We are open on the weekends and those shifts are anywhere from 8:30am to 4:oo pm.
Although we can (and do!) work around your schedule, we do require availability on the weekends.
We offer a full gym membership and though we work hard, we have fun doing it!
If this position interests you, please stop by the café located at 200 North San Pedro Rd in San Rafael and fill out an application. Or submit your resume to Radams@marinjcc.org
Early Childhood Education (ECE)
Administrative Assistant / Part-Time Position
The ECE Administrative Assistant is an academic year, part-time position. This position is directly supervised by the ECE Operations Manager. The JCC Preschool San Rafael Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the JCC Preschools and the Early Childhood Education department. The position is responsible for handling the administrative and secretarial functions of the Preschool office.
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment in the Preschool office
- Serve as JCC Preschool San Rafael receptionist and respond to inquiries and questions
- Greet and assist parents, children and staff when they are in need of administrative assistance
- Schedule tours for the JCC Preschool San Rafael
- Create and maintain office systems
- Assist with school year registration
- Process all mail, filing, copying & faxing
- Keep Admin office files organized & updated
- Keep San Rafael Preschool student files organized and updated. Archive appropriate files at the end of each academic year.
- Track, maintain & file all forms for students’ files in accordance with the Department of Social Services, accreditation and state regulations.
- Accounts payable: code, file copies, and submit to Operations Manager.
- Order food and office supplies for San Rafael site
- Organize all administrative aspects of Optional Care (Yom Tov), including enrollment and staffing
- Organize all administrative aspects of Enrichment (scheduling specialists, classroom space, enrollment)
Other duties as assigned by ECE management
- JCC Preschool San Rafael reception
- Responsible for email communications regarding ECE programs and events
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency with strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Exceptional capacity to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good judgment and ability to problem solve.
- Compensation $18 - $20 per hour, DOE
- 15 - 18 hours per week
- Please send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Osher Marin JCC Early Childhood Education Center is an award-winning, nationally-accredited early childhood education center providing children with a safe, nurturing environment to grow and learn as unique individuals. More than just a preschool, we are a supportive community of families and staff working together to provide care and education for children. Our program is deeply influenced by the wisdom of Jewish tradition, constructivism, and emergent curriculum and we invite all to join us.
We have two school sites: JCC Preschool San Rafael, open 7:30am-6pm and JCC Preschool Tiburon, open 7:30am-3pm.
The applicant must be nurturing and responsible and will be expected to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to explore, grow, and develop their own natural curiosity and love of learning. At least 6 units of ECE are preferred but not required. The person hired must be able to communicate professionally and with warmth to children and adults.
Position includes health club membership during the period of employment.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume email@example.com.
Clubhouse J After School Team
The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center is looking for exceptional staff for our after school program, Clubhouse J. The Clubhouse J staff member is a part-time (8 hours per week) position for the academic year. Staff should have experience working with groups of children, be comfortable assisting with elementary school homework, and a positive attitude. This position, along with the co-staff members, is responsible for managing all aspects of the Clubhouse J day-to-day program including but not limited to: check in, snack, homework support, programming and swimming. This role requires a cheerful demeanor, outgoing personality and greeting all community members with a smile. A Clubhouse J staff member is responsible for the health, safety and well-being of all Clubhouse J participants and reports to the Assistant Camp & Youth Director. This is a growth position and may increase in scope and hours based on the success and enrollment of the after school program.
Please Note: All Clubhouse J staff must be at least 16 years of age, able to obtain a workers permit, and have a positive attitude and be willing and able to participate in all aspects of Clubhouse J.
General and Specific Responsibilities
- Check in each Clubhouse J participant and be sure that we have their registration on file.
- Be sure that the Clubhouse J punch card is punched for each visit by a given participant.
- Ensure that there are appropriate snacks for each participant, each day.
- Work with co-staff members to ensure a range of exciting “clubhouse” activities, which should be changed regularly.
- Ensure that one staff member is in the pool with the participants at any time in which the pool is in use. If you are not required to be at the pool, do other tasks as required by the Assistant Camp and Youth Director.
- Know the names of each participant and their guardians to ensure safe drop off and pick up procedures.
- Set up activities before Clubhouse time starts and then clean them up after pick up, leaving the area you are using cleaner than you found it.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Be responsible for the group’s use of facilities, including respect for property, return of equipment and clean up.
- Minimum of 2 years working at camp or in comparable child-focused position
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to sit on the floor, lift up to 30 lbs, able to observe multiple children at the same time, have stamina and energy to keep pace with a large group of children throughout the entire Clubhouse time.
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good judgment and ability to problem solve.
- Be able to maintain all safety precautions put in place for drop off and pick up, including identifying parents.
- Programming and planning experience a plus.
- Able to work in a noisy, hectic environment.
- Be able to assist in an emergency (fire, earthquake, injury, etc.)
- Send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitness & Aquatics
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
We are currently hiring Group Exercise Instructors for Cardio Barre, Pilates Reformer, Indoor Cycle and Strength and Toning.
- Current CPR/First Aid certified.
- Current certification in area of instruction.
- 1 year teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
Salary & Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full Center membership for employee.
- Discounted Childcare while teaching.
Private and group lessons for ages 9 months to adults. Previous experience required. Please e-mail application to Cheryll Boissevain at email@example.com.
We are interviewing immediately for openings.
Compensation: $12-$16.91 depending on experience.
We are looking for individuals with:
• Current Red Cross Lifeguarding/ First Aid/ CPR/ AED certifications (click here for more information on the course we offer)
• Previous lifeguarding experience
• An interest in physical fitness
• Exceptional customer service skills
• A strong work ethic
• Availability to work one of the following schedules:
Please complete the application above and forward directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
The Event Staff Substitute is an hourly, part-time position includes swing and weekend shifts, working primarily to support events with the Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts (KC) division of the Osher Marin JCC. This position reports to the Kanbar Center Production Supervisor and works closely with the Kanbar team to create, run, and breakdown events ranging from Non-Profit Fundraisers to weddings, quinceaneras to performances from internationally renowned chamber ensembles. All event staff represents the JCC during events and must keep up a clean and friendly appearance.
- Execute set ups, maintenance and break down before, during and after events, including moving tables and chairs, sound and lighting equipment, stocking food, beverages, brewing coffee etc.
- Carry a two-way radio while on duty; be in contact with maintenance and event coordinators using established communication techniques.
- During events maintain all event areas including theater, lobby, lounges, courtyard, restrooms, etc.
- Perform custodial/janitorial cleaning duties of JCC facility as needed; at times function as a member of the maintenance staff.
- On occasion, function as a stagehand/technician.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Production Manager, or Event Coordinator.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to respond quickly to scheduling requests.
- Ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot, keep a cool head and a good sense of humor!
- Outgoing, comfortable working with diverse clientele, friendly and helpful.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Dependable and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of audio and visual equipment and lighting a plus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be dependable and available to work with short notice and on nights and weekends. Very limited public transportation to the JCC.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- $13 per hour, depending on experience
- One one-day pass to Health and Wellness for every three hours of work
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line.