The Osher Marin JCC is one of the most family-friendly companies to work for in Marin County, and has an exciting array of employment opportunities in our diverse center. From experienced lifeguards and swim instructors to pre-school and administrative professionals, we're looking for the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. We offer an excellent benefits package for our regular employees including a complimentary health club membership (voted "the Best in Marin County"). If you want to make a difference in our community and stay healthy and fit at the same time, there is no better place to work than the Osher Marin JCC! The Osher Marin JCC embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position, please e-mail a completed employment application , a resume and cover letter to the person listed after each opening below. Information may also be sent electronically.
Camp & Youth Director
The Camp & Youth Director is a year round full-time exempt position and is responsible for the growth, direction and evaluation of the OMJCC Summer Day Camp. This position requires a strong ability to set a vision for camp and leadership skills to achieve the vision, and will require being a strong motivational skills, team player, initiative, relationship building track record with children and parents, and excellent supervisory skills. The Camp & Youth Director reports to the Executive Director and the primary focus of the position is on the development of a successful day camp (Camp Kehillah) and support for other youth services during the school year.
- Set vision, objectives, and manage execution for high-quality summer day camp, Camp Kehillah, to achieve programmatic, retention, and financial goals.
- Hire, supervise, train and evaluate Camp Kehillah supervisory staff, counselors, specialists, partner vendors, and other staff related to the proper operation of outstanding summer camp.
- Develop Camp Kehillah and other youth services that further Jewish identity and commitment.
- Support youth afterschool class-base program focused on youth wellness, fitness and aquatics in partnership with Health & Fitness Department and supervise program staff as determined.
- Manage Camp & Youth Department budget planning, ongoing monitoring, and achieving financial expectations.
- Partner with other lead JCC staff on execution of large community Hanukah and Purim festivals.
- Handle parent issues related to Camp Kehillah and other youth services with expert customer service care and documentation follow-through as needed.
- Recruit participants throughout the year for Camp Kehillah and other youth services via marketing plan execution developed with the Director of Marketing and follow-through on preparation of all required program and public relations materials.
- Support supervisory camp and youth services staff with any situation regarding difficulty with child participants.
- Oversee systems and procedures of registration of Camp Kehillah and other youth services.
- Maintain consistent policies and ACA licensing record keeping system per requirements.
- Be the lead motivator for Camp Kehillah and youth services.
- Serve as a resource and role model for participants and staff as well as serve on the JCC Management Team to support center-wide initiatives, vision, and policies.
- All other responsibilities that are deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Prior summer day camp/youth services program management experience required.
- Administrative skills in a JCC or in a comparable institution.
- B.A. /B.S. Degree in related field required.
- Ability to articulate a vision, generate buy-in, and implement the vision into action.
- Ability to form warm relationships with multiple constituencies, including parents, campers, staff, lay leaders and funders.
- An understanding of program design focused on social, emotional, and physical growth.
- A track record of success as an agent of change.
- Jewish literacy and a commitment to building Jewish community.
- Experience in developing and managing a budget.
- Experience leading and managing staff in a supervisory capacity; ability to motivate others and develop a team.
- Resourcefulness and strategic thinking.
- An understanding of the camp as a larger part of the JCC.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have enthusiasm, be adaptable, dependable, and possess an excellent work ethic.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Health & dental insurance; life & disability insurance; retirement, TSA and 125 plans, 22 paid vacation days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 15 National & Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency leave days; JCC Family membership; discounts on JCC programs & events.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments WILL NOT be accepted, due to virus concerns.
Plaza J Cafe featuring Miller's East Coast Deli
Cafe Counter Person
The JCC is seeking friendly, outgoing, Counter Staff for our new Center Cafe!
The Café Counter Person is a part-time (16 hours/week) position at the Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (JCC). The Counter Person is responsible for waiting on customers, taking orders and completing cash register transactions. This person reports to the Café Manager and is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Café and restocking items, as necessary.
- Greet and serve all JCC members and guests in a cheerful and courteous manner.
- Assemble food orders with any additional needed preparation not done in the kitchen.
- Ring up sales; make change; and balance the drawer.
- Clear and clean tables and trays, as needed; restock food and supplies.
- Perform duties related to opening or closing of Café.
- Maintain general cleanliness of Café and food service areas and attractive display of foods and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Café Manager.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as the ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs of weight.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Food Handler Card through the County of Marin.
- Minimum of one year experience in retail sales and/or food service, with direct experience serving the public.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $10-$12 per hour, depending upon experience.
- Full JCC Adult membership for employee.
Please email your resume with cover letter to Robin Adams or mail to OMJCC, 200 N. San Pedro Road, San Rafael, CA 94903
Early Childhood Education (ECE)
The Osher Marin JCC Early Childhood Education Center is an award-winning, nationally-accredited early childhood education center providing children with a safe, nurturing environment to grow and learn as unique individuals. More than just a preschool, we are a supportive community of families and staff working together to provide care and education for children. Our program is deeply influenced by the wisdom of Jewish tradition, constructivism, and emergent curriculum and we invite all to join us.
We have two school sites: JCC Preschool San Rafael, open 7:30am-6pm and JCC Preschool Tiburon, open 7:30am-3pm.
The applicant must be nurturing and responsible and will be expected to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to explore, grow, and develop their own natural curiosity and love of learning. Substitutes are required to have at least 6 units of ECE. The person hired must be able to communicate professionally and with warmth to children and adults.
Position includes health club membership during the period of employment.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume email@example.com.
Fitness & Aquatics
FULL-TIME CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
The Customer Service Representative -- H & F, reports to the Health & Fitness Operations Manager. This position entails a meet-and-greet function for members and visitors to the Health & Fitness Center. They act as an appointment scheduler and a retail sales clerk for products and services provided by the Center. They receive incoming phone calls related to Health & Fitness services.
- Full knowledge of Health & Fitness Department, including appropriate sections of program guides, flyers, other applicable literature and the physical and telecommunications layout of the department.
- In a warm, friendly and helpful manner, greet and identify all that enter and direct them to their destination as requested or refer them to the appropriate staff person(s), as appropriate.
- Provide Health & Fitness scheduling information.
- Maintain familiarity with daily Health & Fitness activities.
- Conduct point of sale transactions for designated JCC services; receiving cash, check or credit cards, entering into efinesstri, issuing a receipt and depositing funds and receipt copies, as designated.
- Keep desk area in order. Replenish all supplies in the area, as needed, in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- High School diploma
- Familiarity with Windows and the fundamentals of computer data entry.
- Aptitude for neat, organized and accurate clerical work, telephone duties and retail sales.
- Outgoing, poised demeanor; comfortable working over the telephone and face to face with a diverse public.
- Able to use common sense when confronted with an assortment of inquiries.
- Work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Individual full facility JCC membership.
Sundays 10am-6pm (11am-7pm June-August)
Hours are NON-NEGOTIABLE!
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
We are currently hiring Group Exercise Instructors for Cardio Barre, Pilates Reformer, Indoor Cycle and Strength and Toning.
- Current CPR/First Aid certified.
- Current certification in area of instruction.
- 1 year teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
Salary & Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full Center membership for employee.
- Discounted Childcare while teaching.
PERSONAL TRAINERS/SMALL GROUP TRAINERS
We are looking for motivated, creative, exciting and energetic trainers to work both 1:1with clients and develop small group training for our large membership base. We currently have over 4000 members with 500-1000 visits a day. We offer tremendous opportunity to develop and grow your business!!
- Minimum of one nationally recognized certification from one of the following organizations: ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ISSA.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Basic knowledge of nutrition.
- Customer service and communication skills.
- Requires long periods of standing or sitting.
- Moderate use of computer terminal screen, right or left hand use, Typing.
- Grasping and gripping movements
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. Some lifting may require additional assistance from another staff person. Employee expected to use discretionary judgment and ask for assistance from another employee if an item is perceived to be too heavy to lift without assistance.
- Frequent use of cleaning chemicals.
- Occasional exposure to bodily fluids.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, and bending.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- JCC Full Facility membership.
Private and group lessons for ages 9 months to adults. Previous experience required. Please e-mail application to Cheryll Boissevain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have immediate openings for lifeguards. We are looking for individuals with:
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding/ First Aid/ CPR/ AED certifications;
- Weekday/Weekend availability;
- An interest in physical fitness;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- A strong work ethic
The JCC is a long-time equal opportunity employer in Marin County and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds. For more information on programs provided by the JCC, please explore our website. JCC membership included with regularly scheduled shifts.
We are looking for a long term relationship with experienced massage therapists. Are you a massage therapist who has excellent technical skills; communicates well with clients; is punctual; seeks continuing education opportunities and emphasizes customer service? Are you California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) certified? Do you have 500 or more hours of massage training or 5 years experience and professional liability insurance? Are you a self-starter who can promote your art and support the massage department?
If you answered "yes" to the above questions forward your application to B. Rosenstein at OMJCC, 200 N. San Pedro Road, San Rafael, CA 94903 or email your resume with cover letter.
We have open shifts for: Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings.
The JCC is a long-time equal opportunity employer in Marin County and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
The Event Staff Substitute is an hourly, part-time position includes swing and weekend shifts, working primarily to support events with the Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts (KC) division of the Osher Marin JCC. This position reports to the Kanbar Center Production Supervisor and works closely with the Kanbar team to create, run, and breakdown events ranging from Non-Profit Fundraisers to weddings, quinceaneras to performances from internationally renowned chamber ensembles. All event staff represents the JCC during events and must keep up a clean and friendly appearance.
- Execute set ups, maintenance and break down before, during and after events, including moving tables and chairs, sound and lighting equipment, stocking food, beverages, brewing coffee etc.
- Carry a two-way radio while on duty; be in contact with maintenance and event coordinators using established communication techniques.
- During events maintain all event areas including theater, lobby, lounges, courtyard, restrooms, etc.
- Perform custodial/janitorial cleaning duties of JCC facility as needed; at times function as a member of the maintenance staff.
- On occasion, function as a stagehand/technician.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Production Manager, or Event Coordinator.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to respond quickly to scheduling requests.
- Ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot, keep a cool head and a good sense of humor!
- Outgoing, comfortable working with diverse clientele, friendly and helpful.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Dependable and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of audio and visual equipment and lighting a plus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be dependable and available to work with short notice and on nights and weekends. Very limited public transportation to the JCC.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- $12 - $13 per hour, depending on experience
- One one-day pass to Health and Wellness for every three hours of work
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line.