The Osher Marin JCC is one of the most family-friendly companies to work for in Marin County, and has an exciting array of employment opportunities in our diverse center. From experienced lifeguards and swim instructors to pre-school and administrative professionals, we're looking for the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. We offer an excellent benefits package for our regular employees including a complimentary health club membership (voted "the Best in Marin County"). If you want to make a difference in our community and stay healthy and fit at the same time, there is no better place to work than the Osher Marin JCC! The Osher Marin JCC embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position, please e-mail a completed employment application , a resume and cover letter to the person listed after each opening below. Information may also be sent electronically.
Marketing Dept: Publicist/Copywriter
The Publicist/Copywriter is a freelance position for the Osher Marin Jewish Community Center. The primary role of this position is to strategize, plan, and promote the Osher Marin JCC through a variety of media channels, both traditional and internet-based, maintain excellent relationships with the media and provide copywriting for collateral and online. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Publicist/Copywriter's goal is to raise the visibility of the Osher Marin JCC throughout Marin County and provide stream-lined copy for print and online.
What we require:
- In consultation with Director of Marketing, Marketing Operations Supervisor and program directors, write and execute the PR plan each season to maximize exposure of the JCC's centers of excellence.
- Meet with Marketing team and program directors once a month at the JCC.
- Provide copywriting for ads, website, collateral and social media.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Development Director on impact stories.
- Maintain excellent relationships with local media; pitch feature stories on an on-going basis.
- Write press releases and calendar listings (including Full Calendar) and oversee distribution to the media.
- Research internet options for publicity including social networks (ie. Facebook, Twitter).
- Develop communications plans for special projects.
- Work with Web Specialist to post press coverage on eblasts, website and social media; share with other departments and with board of directors.
- Develop crisis communications plan as necessary.
- College Degree
- 3-4 years experience with ad agency, public relations agency or in-house marketing department.
- Existing relationships with Bay Area media and Marin Jewish Community highly desirable.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Positive, upbeat and outgoing attitude.
- Dependable, detail-oriented; comfortable juggling multiple deadlines.
- Exceptionally well organized; a team player.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Windows platform and email distribution software (Constant Contact).
Plaza J Cafe featuring Miller's East Coast Deli
Cafe Counter Person
The JCC is seeking friendly, outgoing, Counter Staff for our new Center Cafe!
The Café Counter Person is a part-time (16 hours/week) position at the Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (JCC). The Counter Person is responsible for waiting on customers, taking orders and completing cash register transactions. This person reports to the Café Manager and is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Café and restocking items, as necessary.
- Greet and serve all JCC members and guests in a cheerful and courteous manner.
- Assemble food orders with any additional needed preparation not done in the kitchen.
- Ring up sales; make change; and balance the drawer.
- Clear and clean tables and trays, as needed; restock food and supplies.
- Perform duties related to opening or closing of Café.
- Maintain general cleanliness of Café and food service areas and attractive display of foods and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Café Manager.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as the ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs of weight.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Food Handler Card through the County of Marin.
- Minimum of one year experience in retail sales and/or food service, with direct experience serving the public.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $10-$12 per hour, depending upon experience.
- Full JCC Adult membership for employee.
Please email your resume with cover letter to Robin Adams or mail to OMJCC, 200 N. San Pedro Road, San Rafael, CA 94903
Early Childhood Education (ECE)
The Osher Marin JCC Early Childhood Education Center is an award-winning, nationally-accredited early childhood education center providing children with a safe, nurturing environment to grow and learn as unique individuals. More than just a preschool, we are a supportive community of families and staff working together to provide care and education for children. Our program is deeply influenced by the wisdom of Jewish tradition, constructivism, and emergent curriculum and we invite all to join us.
We have two school sites: JCC Preschool San Rafael, open 7:30am-6pm and JCC Preschool Tiburon, open 7:30am-3pm.
The applicant must be nurturing and responsible and will be expected to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to explore, grow, and develop their own natural curiosity and love of learning. Substitutes are required to have at least 6 units of ECE. The person hired must be able to communicate professionally and with warmth to children and adults.
Position includes health club membership during the period of employment.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume email@example.com.
Fitness & Aquatics
CHILD CARE AIDE
We are looking for part-time and KidCare Aides for following shifts:
Qualified applicants will have:
- 2 years experience working with infants and children, preferably in a group setting
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to think on your feet and be flexible with changing itinerary
- Positive, can-do attitude
Job duties include:
- Providing excellent care for infants 10 weeks to children 9 yrs old
- Maintain a safe and clean environment (including: sanitizing toys and play areas, changing diapers, being aware of surroundings and potential hazards)
- Organize structured activity time with awareness of child's developmental abilities
- Being professional and tactful when speaking to parents about children's behavior
- Actively engage children in activities such as storytime, games and art projects
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
We are currently hiring Group Exercise Instructors for Cardio Barre, Pilates Reformer, Indoor Cycle and Strength and Toning.
- Current CPR/First Aid certified.
- Current certification in area of instruction.
- 1 year teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
Salary & Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full Center membership for employee.
- Discounted Childcare while teaching.
PERSONAL TRAINERS/SMALL GROUP TRAINERS
We are looking for motivated, creative, exciting and energetic trainers to work both 1:1with clients and develop small group training for our large membership base. We currently have over 4000 members with 500-1000 visits a day. We offer tremendous opportunity to develop and grow your business!!
- Minimum of one nationally recognized certification from one of the following organizations: ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ISSA.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Basic knowledge of nutrition.
- Customer service and communication skills.
- Requires long periods of standing or sitting.
- Moderate use of computer terminal screen, right or left hand use, Typing.
- Grasping and gripping movements
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. Some lifting may require additional assistance from another staff person. Employee expected to use discretionary judgment and ask for assistance from another employee if an item is perceived to be too heavy to lift without assistance.
- Frequent use of cleaning chemicals.
- Occasional exposure to bodily fluids.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, and bending.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- JCC Full Facility membership.
Private and group lessons for ages 9 months to adults. Previous experience required. Please e-mail application to Cheryll Boissevain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have immediate openings for lifeguards. We are looking for individuals with:
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding/ First Aid/ CPR/ AED certifications;
- Weekday/Weekend availability;
- An interest in physical fitness;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- A strong work ethic
The JCC is a long-time equal opportunity employer in Marin County and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds. For more information on programs provided by the JCC, please explore our website. JCC membership included with regularly scheduled shifts.
We are looking for a long term relationship with experienced massage therapists. Are you a massage therapist who has excellent technical skills; communicates well with clients; is punctual; seeks continuing education opportunities and emphasizes customer service? Are you California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) certified? Do you have 500 or more hours of massage training or 5 years experience and professional liability insurance? Are you a self-starter who can promote your art and support the massage department?
If you answered "yes" to the above questions forward your application to B. Rosenstein at OMJCC, 200 N. San Pedro Road, San Rafael, CA 94903 or email your resume with cover letter.
We have open shifts for: Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings.
The JCC is a long-time equal opportunity employer in Marin County and embraces people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
The Event Staff Substitute is an hourly, part-time position includes swing and weekend shifts, working primarily to support events with the Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts (KC) division of the Osher Marin JCC. This position reports to the Kanbar Center Production Supervisor and works closely with the Kanbar team to create, run, and breakdown events ranging from Non-Profit Fundraisers to weddings, quinceaneras to performances from internationally renowned chamber ensembles. All event staff represents the JCC during events and must keep up a clean and friendly appearance.
- Execute set ups, maintenance and break down before, during and after events, including moving tables and chairs, sound and lighting equipment, stocking food, beverages, brewing coffee etc.
- Carry a two-way radio while on duty; be in contact with maintenance and event coordinators using established communication techniques.
- During events maintain all event areas including theater, lobby, lounges, courtyard, restrooms, etc.
- Perform custodial/janitorial cleaning duties of JCC facility as needed; at times function as a member of the maintenance staff.
- On occasion, function as a stagehand/technician.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Production Manager, or Event Coordinator.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to respond quickly to scheduling requests.
- Ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot, keep a cool head and a good sense of humor!
- Outgoing, comfortable working with diverse clientele, friendly and helpful.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Dependable and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of audio and visual equipment and lighting a plus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be dependable and available to work with short notice and on nights and weekends. Very limited public transportation to the JCC.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- $12 - $13 per hour, depending on experience
- One one-day pass to Health and Wellness for every three hours of work
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line.